I love serving fresh bread with dinner, the aroma in the kitchen sets the tone for the evening! This Tuscan Herb French Bread makes the perfect addition to your dinner, it smells amazing and is full of flavor. And it uses all-purpose flour!
If you weren’t aware you can easily have fresh bread with minimal work on your end; no stirring, no kneading, no hassle. With a bread machine you can have homemade fresh bread with less than 5 minutes of your time and energy.
This Tuscan Herb French Bread for your bread machine not only taste amazing but smells wonderful also! It’s full of delicious herbs, either fresh or dried whatever’s available to you. Best of all it’s easy and will have everyone reaching for seconds!
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR OWN BREAD IN A BREAD MACHINE
If you are new to making your own bread in a bread machine, I highly suggest checking out this recipe and the easy steps. It’s your basic white bread recipe, perfect for beginners or seasoned bakers, it’s a very well loved recipe.
TUSCAN HERB FRENCH BREAD RECIPE
This Tuscan Herb French Bread is a favorite of my families for dinner time.
It pairs well with so many dishes and there’s nothing better than have a slice of homemade fresh bread with dinner(in my opinion).
It taste amazing whether you use dried herbs or fresh herbs, so use whatever is available to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAD RECIPES?
We really are huge fans of bread in our house and have some form of homemade bread in the kitchen every week. From sweet breads to basic loafs;
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Basic White Bread Machine Recipe
- English Muffin Bread in the Bread Machine
- Zucchini, Carrot and Apple Muffins
- Best Blueberry Muffins
TUSCAN HERB FRENCH BREAD INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITIONS
- Olive Oil – Only buy extra virgin olive oil, first cold press and not in a clear glass bottle. This olive oil is great!
- Herbs – In this recipe you can either use dried or fresh herbs.
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Sugar – We’ve made this with granulated sugar and also cane sugar, both are great.
- Instant Dry Yeast – For any bread machine recipe, you’ll want to use Instant Yeast! Yeast is in stock right now.
- All Purpose Flour – This is the number one thing I love most about this recipe, it calls for all purpose flour! We use King Arthur’s Flour!
Can I use other flours? Although I have yet to try using other flours, I’ve had a few people mention using bread flour instead of AP flour. And also someone mentioned using half AP and Whole Wheat.
Can I use fresh herbs? Yes, substitute the dried herbs for a combined mixture of two tablespoons a little heavier on the rosemary side – chopped herbs.
HOW TO MAKE TUSCAN HERB FRENCH BREAD IN THE BREAD MACHINE
Serve warm or cold, do as you wish. Just store it properly for freshness and so it doesn’t go stale quickly.
It will last about 3-4 days stored in a cloth bag in a dark area of your kitchen or pantry.
If you don’t have a cloth bag or a bread container, a freezer size ziplock bag works just as good.
WHAT TO SERVE TUSCAN HERB FRENCH BREAD WITH?
- Homemade Butter is easy and delicious to make or make a sweet Whipped Honey Butter.
- Any of these soup or stew recipes with a side of fresh bread; Calico Beans, Beef & Bean Stew, or even this best Meatloaf Recipe.
- Pair it with these amazing recipes as well; Stuffed Acorn Squash, German Beef Roulade or Slow Cooker Meatballs.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Bread Machine is essential for this recipe and I know they were selling off the shelves back in Spring but good news they’re in stock again and would make a great gift.
- These are the Measuring Spoons and Cups I own and they are great and on sale right now.
- Bread Container or Cloth Bag for storing your bread.
- Bread Slicer, I just put this in my cart as it’d make cutting the bread so easy!
We’ve been making our own bread for a while now and it’s been especially great during this year.
It’s not loaded with sugar or preservatives, and no packaging which is another important thing for me.
Tuscan Herb French Bread Machine Recipe
- Bread Machine
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/8 tsp Dried Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Get your bread machine out and plug in. In a small bowl stir your dried herbs and olive oil together and set aside.
- Then pour the ingredients into the basket of the bread machine preferably in this order; Water, Salt, Sugar, Yeast, Olive Oil mixture and then Flour.
- Close the lid; set your machine to French setting, 1.5 lb loaf and light crust. Click start and you'll have beautiful fresh flavorful bread in about 3 1/2 hours.
- When the bread is done, carefully remove it from the basket and let sit on counter for 5 min.
- Best enjoyed warm; plain, with butter, olive oil or a dip.
Want to try this Tuscan Herb French Bread recipe?
Pin it to your Pinterest board for later!