When it comes to food, what’s better than having fresh homemade bread? With a bread machine you can have it with very little work on your part, it takes you less than 5 minutes of your “time” and energy. No stirring, no kneading.
I love serving fresh bread with dinner, the aroma in the kitchen sets the tone for the evening! This Tuscan Herb French Bread makes the perfect addition to your dinner, it smells amazing and is full of flavor. You can easily find all the ingredients in your kitchen and no need for bread flour, because it uses all-purpose flour.
Are you new to making your own bread?
First step is to find a bread machine, whether you buy one or find one on your local Buy Nothing FB group(sadly people don’t tend to use there’s and it sits on the shelf). I am seeing a tread right now, with people making things at home because of the pandemic and empty shelves. If you can’t find one for free then I suggest buying one with multiple features and sizes like mine.
Second, find an easy recipe with limited effort on your part – like the Tuscan Herb French Bread recipe below.
Thirdly, find your “routine” – do you want fresh homemade bread with dinner tonight, then put your ingredients into your bread machine mid day or at least 3 1/2 hours before dinner.
Lastly, find the way you’ll store your bread if you aren’t able to eat it all. I’ve found ours stay fresh the longest in a large cloth bag inside a bread box or in a cupboard or pantry. But a ziplock bag or sealable container will do as well!
Tuscan Herb French Bread – Step by Step Instructions
Pin for later!
Tuscan Herb French Bread in the Bread Machine
- Bread Machine
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/8 tsp Dried Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Get your bread machine out and plug in. In a small bowl stir your dried herbs and olive oil together and set aside.
- Then pour the ingredients into the basket of the bread machine preferably in this order; Water, Salt, Sugar, Yeast, Olive Oil mixture and then Flour.
- Close the lid; set your machine to French setting, 1.5 lb loaf and light crust. Click start and you'll have beautiful fresh flavorful bread in about 3 1/2 hours.
- When the bread is done, carefully remove it from the basket and let sit on counter for 5 min.
- Best enjoyed warm; plain, with butter, olive oil or a dip.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for other bread recipes? Don’t forget to pin for later!