I love serving fresh bread with dinner, the aroma in the kitchen sets the tone for the evening! This Tuscan Herb French Bread makes the perfect addition to your dinner, it smells amazing and is full of flavor. You can easily find all the ingredients in your kitchen and no need for bread flour, because it uses all-purpose flour.
When it comes to food, what’s better than having fresh homemade bread? With a bread machine you can have it with very little work on your part, it takes you less than 5 minutes of your “time” and energy. No stirring, no kneading.
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
ARE YOU NEW TO MAKING YOUR OWN BREAD?
First, find a bread machine; whether you buy one or find one on your local Buy Nothing FB group(sadly people don’t tend to use there’s and it sits on the shelf). If you can’t find one for free then I suggest buying one with multiple features and sizes like mine.
Second, find an easy recipe with limited effort on your part – like the basic white bread recipe below.
Third, find your “routine” – how often will you make a new loaf, what time of day. We make a new loaf every 2-3 days, I’ll throw all the ingredients in the machine and hit the start button and 3 hours later I’ll have a fresh loaf and be prepared for the morning.
TUSCAN HERB FRENCH BREAD – STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Tuscan Herb French Bread in the Bread Machine
- Bread Machine
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/8 tsp Dried Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Get your bread machine out and plug in. In a small bowl stir your dried herbs and olive oil together and set aside.
- Then pour the ingredients into the basket of the bread machine preferably in this order; Water, Salt, Sugar, Yeast, Olive Oil mixture and then Flour.
- Close the lid; set your machine to French setting, 1.5 lb loaf and light crust. Click start and you'll have beautiful fresh flavorful bread in about 3 1/2 hours.
- When the bread is done, carefully remove it from the basket and let sit on counter for 5 min.
- Best enjoyed warm; plain, with butter, olive oil or a dip.
How’d you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to save the pin for later.