Back in 2013 my husband and I took a vacation to beautiful Greece, such an amazing trip and one we won’t forget. On the trip we fell in love with so many things, one of them being a Greek Frappe. To this day I still dream about sipping a Greek Frappe on the warm beach of the island of Skiathos! It’s sweet, creamy and taste like coffee – yum!
Then I found out how easy they are to make at home. In less than 5 minutes you can have a nice iced cold coffee to drink at home or on the go, have a little part of Greece with you each day.
With traveling you get to experience new foods and drinks, which is one of my favorite things about traveling. The Greek’s make some delicious coffee drinks, you can find a Greek Frappe at most places including the Starbucks locations there.
I love this recipe, you make it to your liking and don’t need any barista skills.
In a cocktail shaker or something with a lid and doesn’t leak; add instant coffee, sugar and water. Shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes until it’s frothy. If you have a frothier you could also do this step with that. Add sugar to your preference, for mine I usually put about 1 1/2 tsp of sugar because I like the taste of coffee and don’t like it overly sweet.
Fill your cup 3/4 full of ice cubes and pour frothy mixture over ice cubes.
Next pour the milk over the ice cubes. Serve immediately. I like to stir mine up completely after admiring the layers, so it mixes.
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2-3 tsp sugar preference for sweetness
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- ice cubes
- evaporated milk or regular
- In a cocktail shaker or something with a lid and doesn't leak; add instant coffee, sugar and water. Shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes until it's frothy. If you have a frothier you could use that instead of a shaker.
- Fill a cup 3/4 full of ice cubes and pour frothy mixture over ice cubes.
- Next pour the milk over the ice cubes. Serve immediately.