Nothing better than homemade bread! I love trying new recipes, especially when they turn out amazing!
If you’ve never made bread in a bread machine, it’s seriously as easy as tying your shoes. Most recipes you just throw your ingredients in the bucket of the machine, close the lid and push a couple buttons and walk away. Come back usually around 3 hours later to fresh baked bread!
This English Muffin Bread taste great, even better toasted, and easy to make. It’s a great alternative if you like English muffins but don’t have the skill or time to do the kneading, rolling and cutting.
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD MACHINE RECIPE
My family loves having english muffins with breakfast, and this English Muffin Bread hits the spot. It’s so easy to make with the bread machine!
It taste great with a little butter and/or jam. Or enjoy it as a breakfast sandwich; with egg, cheese and bacon/sausage.
We’ve been making our own bread for a while now, and it’s not loaded with sugar or preservatives. No packaging which is another plus.
If you are new to making your own bread in a bread machine, I highly suggest checking out this recipe and follow the easy steps. It’s your basic white bread recipe, perfect for beginners or seasoned bakers and a very well loved recipe.
What’s the difference about using cornmeal? This step is optional as it taste amazing without doing the cornmeal. If you want a true English muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the final rise and roll it in cornmeal. Place the dough back in the machine to rise and bake.
Can I use other flours? Although I have yet to try using other flours, I’ve had a few people mention using bread flour instead of AP flour and it turned out great.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAD RECIPES?
We really are huge fans of bread in our house and have some form of homemade bread in the kitchen every week. From sweet breads to basic loafs;
- Tuscan Herb French Bread
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Basic White Bread Machine Recipe
- Sourdough Focaccia Bread
English Muffin Bread in Bread Machine
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 Tbsp Cornmeal Optional
- Place all ingredients into your bread machine. Use the smaller amount of water in the summer, or during humid conditions; use the larger amount of water in winter, or if you're in a dry climate.
- Set your machine for basic white bread, light crust, 1.5 lb loaf. Check the dough halfway through the second kneading cycle; it should be soft, smooth and slightly sticky. Adjust the dough's consistency with additional flour or water, if needed.
- *Optional: If you wish to add cornmeal to give that true english muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the final rise and roll it in cornmeal. Place the dough back in the machine to rise and bake.
- When the bread is finished, remove it from the machine/basket, and allow to cool.