Nothing better than homemade bread! I love trying new recipes, especially when they turn out amazing!
If you’ve never made bread in a bread machine, it’s seriously as easy as tying your shoes. Most recipes you just throw your ingredients in the bucket of the machine, close the lid and push a couple buttons and walk away. Come back usually around 3 hours later to fresh baked bread!
This English Muffin Bread taste great, even better toasted, and easy to make. It’s a great alternative if you like English muffins but don’t have the skill or time to do the kneading, rolling and cutting.
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR OWN BREAD IN A BREAD MACHINE
If you are new to making your own bread in a bread machine, I highly suggest checking out this recipe and the easy steps. It’s your basic white bread recipe, perfect for beginners or seasoned bakers and a very well loved recipe.
ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD RECIPE
My family loves having English Muffin Bread with breakfast.
It taste great with a little butter and/or jam. As a breakfast sandwich.
And it’s very easy to make!
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAD RECIPES?
We really are huge fans of bread in our house and have some form of homemade bread in the kitchen every week. From sweet breads to basic loafs;
ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITIONS
- Vegetable Oil
- Sugar – We’ve made this with granulated sugar and also cane sugar, both are great.
- Baking Powder
- Instant Dry Yeast – For any bread machine recipe, you’ll want to use Instant Yeast! Yeast is in stock right now.
- All Purpose Flour – This is the number one thing I love most about this recipe, it calls for all purpose flour! We use King Arthur’s Flour!
- Cornmeal (Optional)
What’s the difference about using cornmeal? This step is optional as it taste amazing without doing the cornmeal. If you want a true English muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the final rise and roll it in cornmeal. Place the dough back in the machine to rise and bake.
Can I use other flours? Although I have yet to try using other flours, I’ve had a few people mention using bread flour instead of AP flour and it turned out great.
HOW TO MAKE ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD IN THE BREAD MACHINE
Place all ingredients into your bread machine.
The amount of water you use depends on the time of year; use the smaller amount of water in the summer, or during humid conditions; use the larger amount of water in winter, or if you’re in a dry climate.
Set your machine for basic white bread, light crust, 1.5 lb loaf. Check the dough halfway through the second kneading cycle; it should be soft, smooth and slightly sticky. Adjust the dough’s consistency with additional flour or water, if needed.
*Optional: If you wish to add cornmeal to give that true english muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the final rise and roll it in cornmeal. Place the dough back in the machine to rise and bake.
When the bread is finished, remove it from the machine/basket, and allow to cool.
Taste great warm or cold. Just store it properly for freshness and so it doesn’t go stale quickly.
It will last about 3-4 days stored in a cloth bag in a dark area of your kitchen or pantry.
If you don’t have a cloth bag or a bread container, a freezer size ziplock bag works just as good.
WHAT TO SERVE ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD WITH?
- Homemade Butter is easy and delicious to make and we especially love it with homemade Whipped Honey Butter.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Bread Machine is essential for this recipe and I know they were selling off the shelves back in Spring but good news they’re in stock again and would make a great gift.
- These are the Measuring Spoons and Cups I own and they are great and on sale right now.
- Bread Container or Cloth Bag for storing your bread.
- Bread Slicer, it’d make cutting the bread so easy!
We’ve been making our own bread for a while now and it’s been especially great during this year.
It’s not loaded with sugar or preservatives, and no packaging which is another plus for me.
English Muffin Bread in Bread Machine
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 Tbsp Cornmeal Optional
- Place all ingredients into your bread machine. Use the smaller amount of water in the summer, or during humid conditions; use the larger amount of water in winter, or if you're in a dry climate.
- Set your machine for basic white bread, light crust, 1.5 lb loaf. Check the dough halfway through the second kneading cycle; it should be soft, smooth and slightly sticky. Adjust the dough's consistency with additional flour or water, if needed.
- *Optional: If you wish to add cornmeal to give that true english muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the final rise and roll it in cornmeal. Place the dough back in the machine to rise and bake.
- When the bread is finished, remove it from the machine/basket, and allow to cool.
Want to try this Tuscan Herb French Bread recipe?
Pin it to your Pinterest board for later!
This is a wonderful recipe. Tasty. Excellent texture. You are so correct, it shines toasted. I used medium for colour. Thank you 🙏.
This bread was fantastic! We got a bunch of different flavors of honey from the honey fest yesterday so I made the bread this morning. While it didn’t taste like English muffins it is really good. It’s thick and dense. I will be adding this to my bread recipes for sure.
I made this bread this a.m. and it’s on a rise then a bake it looks great not sure how it taste yet and I didn’t put the cornmeal on it. I’ll let you know how it tastes when it’s done baking, Thnaks!
Tabitha….I love the recipes you share !!! Thank you so much…I use to live in Seattle but about 10 years ago we moved back to Montana…I miss Seattle !!! Anyway…I hope your family is safe and healthy!!! Keep on sharing :)