Banana Zucchini Bread takes two of the most popular quick breads and combines them into one delicious treat that’s sure to please everyone!
This Banana Zucchini Bread is easy, quick, sweet, moist and perfect for anytime of the day. It’s wonderful for sneaking in veggies for any picky eaters. It’s perfect for your garden’s bounty and reducing food waste.
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
This banana zucchini bread recipe is a favorite in our household. It’s sweet, moist and delicious!
It pairs well in the morning with your coffee, makes a great snack or dessert and with a little butter your taste buds will be thanking you.
It’s quick to make and no skill required.
If you planted a garden with a zucchini plant, you’ll be harvesting squash for days.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAD RECIPES?
We really are huge fans of bread in our house and have some form of homemade bread in the kitchen every week. From sweet breads to basic loafs.
- Basic White Bread for the Bread Machine
- Tuscan Herb French Bread in the Bread Machine
- English Muffin Bread in the Bread Machine
- Best Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini, Carrot and Apple Muffins
- Best Blueberry Muffins
BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITIONS
- Bananas – Two to three medium sized ripe bananas, a lot of times you can find ripe bananas at the grocery store for really cheap or even ask neighbors if they have any sitting on the counter before they throw them away.
- Zucchini – If you planted a garden or know anyone who planted a garden with zucchini plant they usually produce quite a bit each summer. You can also shredded them when in season and freeze for later in the year. No need to peel them.
- Eggs – Look below if you’re trying to leave out the eggs, there are many substitutions.
- Vegetable Oil – I’m a fan of Crisco Pure Veggie Oil.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract – I’d love to try making my own vanilla extract some day, but for now I’ll just buy from the store. But I always use pure vanilla extract, the imitation just isn’t the same.
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Walnuts – Chopping them is really optional, you can sprinkle them on top or add to the batter. If you’d like them in smaller pieces, chop them or pulse them in the food processor to your liking. Honestly, you could grind them and hide them in the batter for extra nutrients.
- All Purpose Flour
Can I make these vegan? If you’d like to make these vegan and leave out the egg. There are many substitutions out there, from applesauce to more ripe banana. A favorite of mine is a flax seed substitution. The basic ratio is one tablespoon of ground flax seeds and three tablespoons of water to replace one egg. You can easily grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder, like we do. Once you mix them, let it sit for 5 minutes before adding to the recipe.
Can I make these gluten free? This recipe can also be made gluten free by substituting the flour for a gluten free substitute.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD
Preheat oven to 325° and grease two loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat eggs for about two minutes. Add the oil, sugars, grated zucchini, bananas, vanilla and blend until combined. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans and sprinkle walnuts over.
Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through(insert a toothpick to check), 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool in the loaf pans on a wire rack. Remove from pans and serve.
WHAT TO SERVE BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD WITH?
- Homemade Butter is easy and delicious to make.
- Nice cup of Greek Frappe coffee.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Loaf Pans
- Mixer – A KitchenAid mixer is a must in my kitchen, it’s very convenient and easy. But if you don’t have the space, budget or ability then a hand mixer works just as great!
- Food Processor
- Fork or a hand held potato masher works great for mashing the bananas.
- Grater for the zucchini
- Mixing bowls – I absolutely love these mixing bowls.
Banana Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini un-peeled
- 2 medium sized bananas mashed
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease two loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for about two minutes. Add the oil, sugars, grated zucchini, bananas, vanilla and blend until combined. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans and sprinkle walnuts over.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through(insert a toothpick to check), 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool in the loaf pans on a wire rack. Remove from pans and serve.
Want to try this Banana Zucchini Bread recipe?
Pin it to your Pinterest board for later!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest
Find more recipes here.
Leave a Reply