One of our favorite things to make in the Air Fryer are these donut holes, they’re delicious and extremely easy to make. No culinary skill needed!
These Air Fryer Donut Holes are sweet and buttery – they melt in your mouth! Enjoy them with breakfast or as a dessert. The best part they are so simple to make!
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES RECIPE
My household loves these donut holes, especially my oldest as he’s easily able to make them himself with little to no help from me. I love enjoying them with my morning coffee and also as a dessert.
They are very easy and cooks in less than 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
They are best served warm, but still taste great chilled.
LOOKING FOR MORE SWEET RECIPES?
We are big sweet fans in our house, I can’t resist a good treat. If I could I’d be in the kitchen all the time, whipping up something tasty and sweet.
- Coconut Oil Shortbread Cookies
- Six Layer Bars
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Choctaw Fault Cake
- Sugar Cookies
AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITIONS
- Refrigerated Biscuit Dough – I’ve found the best ones to use are jumbo flaky kind but any will do.
- Maple Syrup – I love pure maple syrup!
- Cooking Spray
Do I have to use jumbo flaky biscuits? No, I’ve just found those taste the best and they are the easiest to cut into quarter size for “hole size”. But you can make these with any of the biscuits, just cut in half for the regular sized biscuits.
What if I want to make perfect round holes? Instead of cutting into quarters, use a small biscuit cutter for the center and make holes out of the centers.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES
In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with cooking spray of your choice. We have used both olive and coconut oil which both work.
Cut the biscuits into quarters* and place onto the basket in a single layer not touching. Turn air fryer on to 360 degrees for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
*If you can’t find the jumbo, just cut the biscuits in half.
While the donuts are cooking melt the butter in a small bowl and then stir in the maple syrup.
Immediately after the donuts are done, coat them in the butter and roll in the sugar mixture.
Best when served warm but still good chilled.
WHAT DOES THE AIRY FRYER DONUT HOLES PAIR WELL WITH?
- A nice cup of coffee, a cup of hot coffee or iced coffee like this Greek Frappe. This is my absolute favorite kind of coffee Raven’s Brew Coffee, wicked wolf.
- Or as a dessert after any of these meals; Cajun Jambalaya, Calico Beans, Chicken Orzo, One Pot Tex Mex Bake!
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Air Fryer – We love our air fryer, not only does it make excellent doughnuts but you can make so many other things like potato wedges and even heat up frozen foods.
- Small Bowls
- Sharp Knife – You’ll need a clean cut, so a sharp knife works great.
- Biscuit cutter – if you want a round doughnut.
Air Fryer Donut Holes
- Air Fryer
- 16 oz refrigerated biscuit dough jumbo flaky
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer with cooking oil of choice. Cut the biscuits into quarters and place onto air fryer basket in a single layer not touching.
- Turn air fryer on and cook at 360 degrees for 4 minutes.
- While the donuts are cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl and then stir in the maple syrup.
- Immediately after the donuts are done, coat them in the butter mixture and then roll in the sugar mixture.
- They are best when served warm.
Want to try this Air Fryer Donut Hole recipe?
Pin it to your Pinterest board for later!