One of our favorite things to make in the Air Fryer are these donut holes, they’re delicious and extremely easy to make. No culinary skill needed!
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
If you don’t know what an air fryer is it’s a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It’s my latest purchase and my new favorite kitchen gadget. We’ve made fries, chicken stir fry, nuggets and these donuts. Everything has turned out amazing, it’s quick and clean up is a breeze.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES
These are super simple, takes about 5 minutes and only 5 ingredients. They are sweet and buttery – my son said they melt in your mouth! Enjoy them with breakfast, as a dessert or maybe take your air fryer with you camping and enjoy some fresh warm donuts by the fire – if you have an electrical outlet!
In a small bowl you’re going to mix the sugar and cinnamon then set aside.
Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with cooking oil of choice. We have used both olive and coconut oil which both work.
Cut the biscuits into quarters and place onto the basket in a single layer not touching. Turn air fryer on to 360 degrees for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
While the donuts are cooking melt the butter in a small bowl and then stir in the maple syrup.
Immediately after the donuts are done, coat them in the butter and roll in the sugar mixture.
Enjoy! They are best when served warm but still good cold.
*To make round donuts – use the same ingredients and instructions but instead of cutting in quarters, use a small biscuit cutter for the center and make holes out of the centers.
Air Fryer Donut Holes
- 16 oz jumbo flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer with cooking oil of choice. Cut the biscuits into quarters and place onto air fryer basket in a single layer not touching.
- Turn air fryer on and cook at 360 degrees for 4 minutes.
- While the donuts are cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl and then stir in the maple syrup.
- Immediately after the donuts are done, coat them in the butter mixture and then roll in the sugar mixture.
- They are best when served warm.
How’d you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to save the pin for later!