This dish was very easy to make and full of flavor. Orzo taste like half rice half noodles if you’ve never eaten it before, you can find it in the grain section of your local store. This dish is a one pot meal, filled with great nutritional ingredients. I’m all about hiding the vegetables so if you need to chop the vegetables very small, go for it.
Fall is around the corner, which means busy school nights and cold rainy evenings. Don’t let that stop you from having a home-cooked meal.
We use the instant pot and slow cooker all year but especially during the fall and winter months. You can either plan ahead and use the slow cooker to prepare something in the morning and then come back to it later in the evening.
Or make something in the pressure cooker and have it done within minutes. Another plus is making one pot meals, equals less clean up.
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ORZO IN THE INSTANT POT
To make Instant Pot Chicken Orzo – You’ll need to cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and lay evenly on the cutting board. In a small bowl mix the turmeric, all spice, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken.
Drizzle olive oil into the instant pot and turn on the saute setting. Add the seasoned chicken and cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
While your chicken is cooking, prepare all your vegetables and set aside. Once your chicken is done cooking, remove from the instant pot leaving the juice and set the chicken aside.
If your chicken didn’t have much juice add another drizzle of oil and saute vegetables for 3-5 minutes until softened.
Once the vegetables are done cooking, pour the chicken broth, chicken and orzo into the pot and stir to combine.
Close the instant pot lid and turn the valve to “sealing”. You’ll want to set your instant pot to manual high for 4 minutes. Let it slow release for at least 10 minutes before carefully opening and serving. Serve immediately when it’s still warm.
This makes an awesome dish for those cold fall and winter nights, serve with some warm fresh bread. The flavors will burst in your mouth.
If you don’t have an instant pot, think about purchasing one(this one is on sale right now) they are amazing but this recipe would also work great in the slow cooker, on the stove or in the oven as well.
If you’re looking for other Instant Pot recipes. Check out Instant Pot Calico Beans, Instant Pot Beef & Bean Stew and Instant Pot Taco Soup. I’ve even got a post with over 84 different summer type recipes.
Instant Pot Chicken Orzo
- Pressure cooker
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- dash salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and in a small bowl mix turmeric, all spice, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Prepare all vegetables and set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into instant pot and turn on the saute setting. Add chicken and cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from pot, leaving any juice and set the chicken aside.
- If needed add another drizzle of oil and saute vegetables for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- When the vegetables are done cooking, pour the chicken broth, chicken and orzo into the pot and stir to combine.
- Close lid and valve to "sealing". Set the instant pot to manual high for 4 minutes. Let it slow release for at least 10 minutes before carefully opening and serving.
- Serve warm.
How’d you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to save the pin for later!