Salads are good year round, but we eat a lot more salads during the warmer months. Our go-to is usually just a mix of greens, shredded carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes but occasionally I like to switch it up so my family doesn’t get burned out. They aren’t exactly fans of salad or any kind of vegetable for that matter. If you’re like the rest of my family and not a fan of salad, you’ll most likely like this recipe. It’s healthy”ish”, flavorful and a crowd pleaser. Crunchy Asian Salad with Kale!
Crunchy Asian Salad with Kale recipe is very easy to make, serve as a side or with grilled chicken, and great for potlucks! Even the non salad fan will enjoy it!
Get a medium sized bowl ready and chop your kale, green cabbage, green onions. Shred carrots, slice almonds, crush ramen noodles and set seasoning packet aside. Add all ingredients to the medium size bowl.
In a small bowl, mix vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar and ramen seasoning packet. Pour the dressing mixture over the cabbage mix and toss until everything’s mixed.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 8 hours. Easy peasy! Delicious, healthy”ish” salad everyone will love!
Serve at your next barbecue or bring to a potluck!!
Crunchy Asian Salad with Kale
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package of top ramen break noodles into chunks and set seasoning packet aside
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Prepare all your ingredients, chop, shred and slice. Place the cabbage, kale, carrots, ramen noodles, green onions and almonds in a medium size bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar and ramen seasoning packet and stir completely.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the cabbage mix and toss until everything's mixed. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 8 hours.