My family loves eating Asian cuisine and trying recipes at home. I love trying to recreate dishes or just throwing ingredients together; we always have ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar at home. Those are essentials in our household! Fry up some chicken, those essentials and whatever vegetables we have and scoop onto a bed of rice. That’s my quick go-to dinner, that and spaghetti.
This mushroom zucchini chicken is a favorite, full of sweet and salty flavor and very easy to make, perfect for those busy weeknights. This is made in one pan(besides the rice), so easier clean up too. If you’ve got a picky eater, they can easily pick out what they don’t like.
Chop your chicken and vegetables and set aside. Toss chicken with cornstarch. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, sugar, sweet chili sauce, vinegar and set aside. Heat oils in a large size frying pan or a wok. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until all sides are browned.
After you’ve browned the chicken, add mushrooms and zucchini and cook until veggies have browned. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for about 2-3 more minutes. Pour in the soy sauce mix and coat the veggies and chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
Serve immediately over a bed of rice.
Mushroom Zucchini Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sesame seeds sprinkled
- Toss chicken with cornstarch.
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, sugar and vinegar and set aside.
- Heat oils in a large sized frying pan or wok.
- Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until all sides are browned.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini to the chicken and cook until veggies have browned.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce mix and coat the veggies and chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Serve over some rice.