Our beautiful summer weather is here; which means salads, grilling and anything that doesn’t require us to turn on the oven. I love this time of year! We eat a lot of watermelon, cold salads, corn on the cob, grilled chicken and burgers. This tasty macaroni salad is a favorite also. It’s easy to make, we eat on it for a couple days and taste great. It also makes a great dish to bring to a potluck, on a picnic or bring camping.
Cook the noodles according to package. After noodles are done, strain them and allow to cool a little.
While the noodles are cooling down, go ahead and chop other ingredients.
Lastly throw all ingredients into a bowl, including the macaroni even if they’re not cooled completely. Stir completely and place into the fridge to cool completely.
Backyard Macaroni Salad
- 16 oz box of elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped baby dill pickles
- 1 Tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped ham
- dash cayenne pepper
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Strain noodles and allow to cool.
- While noodles are cooling down, chop other ingredients.
- Throw all ingredients into a bowl and stir completely. Let macaroni salad to cool completely in the fridge.