Have I ever told you how much I love my kitchen gadgets and the slow cooker is one of them? Yeah, I probably have but it’s okay I’ll repeat it. I love being able to easily throw my dinner into the Crockpot in the morning, not worry about dinner all day and then come back to delicious home-cooked food. It’s perfect for even the summer when you may not want to run your oven.
Another kitchen gadget I love is the food processor, it makes it easy for me to hide all the vegetables I’m adding to dinner. I’ve got picky members of the family who don’t particularly care for veggies, but blend them up and they don’t seem to care. How does that work?!
We love this Coconut Curry Chicken with Lentils anytime of the year, it’s not spicy or over powering with Indian spices. Full of flavor and ingredients good for our bodies. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Get your food processor and slow cooker out. Place your chicken breasts into the slow cooker. If you need to use frozen chicken that is totally fine, we’ve done it both ways and both ways turn out great. This is a great slow cooker, with a lid in case you want to transport your food somewhere and you want to get a big enough food processor.
Place the rest of the ingredients (except lentils and cilantro) in a food processor and process together until blended. I love how easy the food processor is to sneak in healthy foods and how easy it is to use. Now pour sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker and close lid. Cook on low for 6 hours.
About an hour before you plan on serving food, shred chicken with fork and add lentils. Mix well and close lid.
Dish out your Coconut Curry Chicken and over some rice. Sprinkle with cilantro if you wish. Serve when hot.
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken with Lentils
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 medium sized onion peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and quartered
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional for spice
- 1 cup red lentils
- cilantro optional for garnish
- Place chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (except lentils and cilantro) in a food processor and process together until blended. Pour sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker and close lid. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with fork and add lentils an hour before serving. Mix well and close lid.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro if you wish.
Check out some other curry recipes;
Leave a Reply