It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is a time filled with love, peace, joy, and celebrating with loved ones! Although I strongly believe the holidays shouldn’t be an expensive time, I do realize it can be. One thing you don’t necessarily have to spend money on is decorations. Fill your lives with the joyous sights of the holidays without it costing your wallet.
Upcycling is a great way to fill your area with some cheer and if you’re looking for more budget friendly ways to get decorations check your local thrift stores and definitely hit up the after Christmas sales. Upcycling is not only great for your wallet but also the environment. If you’re looking for materials to do these upcycling projects with, a great place is to look is on your local Buy Nothing group.
Here you’ll find over 20 wonderful upcycled Christmas decor ideas from some great blogs. Christmas is my jam and I’m very excited to make some of these like; cookie cutter garland, bottle cap snowmen, and more. What about you?
UPCYCLED CHRISTMAS DECOR IDEAS
Find ornaments, snowmen, angels, wreaths and more ideas to upcycle items that may otherwise end up in the landfill.
- Bottle Cap Snowmen by Turning the Clock Back
- Frugal Christmas Centerpiece Idea for Your Holiday Table by Turning the Clock Back
- Easiest Christmas Picture Frame to Make for Kids or Adults by Confessions of an Over-Worked Mom
- DIY Snow Globe From a Mason Jar by Repurpose and Upcycle
- Make an easy DIY Mini Tree from Faux Garland by My Design Rules
- Recycle Old Christmas Cards with a Cutie Crate DIY by Pink Fortitude
- Fragrant & Festive Pomander Tutorial by Pink Fortitude
- Retro Upcycled Stocking Holders by Dukes and Duchesses
- DIY Repurposed Card Holder by Dukes and Duchesses
- A DIY Christmas Card Display by Small Stuff Counts
- Thrifty Plaid DIY Christmas Ornament Tutorial by Small Stuff Counts
- Simple DIY Christmas Card Display Idea: Create a Rustic Mantel by Sustain My Craft Habit
- How to Make a Pumpkin Into a Snowman by Intelligent Domestications
- Homemade Christmas Decorations: Scrabble Tile Magnet Boards by Happy Deal Happy Day
- Bicycle Christmas Wreath Made From A Bike Wheel by Diana Rambles
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog. And thank you to so many amazing bloggers for submitting your projects for this post.
HELPFUL UPCYCLING TOOLS:
- Good paintbrushes are a great thing to have
- Hot glue gun is essential to upcycling
- Tool Kit with measuring tape, hammer, screw driver and so much more.
- Mod Podge
Want to try any of these upcycled Christmas projects?
Pin it to your Pinterest board for later!