It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Every holiday season, I love to shop local! It’s a wonderful time to support your local small business’ while giving to loved ones.
And this year, I can’t express how important it is to shop small and local!
There are so many great gift ideas that are right in your neighborhood. While supporting your neighbors you can give your family and friends one of a kind items.
Saturday November 27 is Small Business Saturday, so be sure to check all your local shops for Christmas gifts!
If you’re local to the Pacific Northwest more specifically the South Sound, check out all the amazing business’ below for all your holiday needs. There’s some I’m familiar with and some that are new to me but I’m very excited to shop local this year!
SOUTH SOUND SMALL SHOPS & BUSINESSES
Keep in mind this is just a small portion of small businesses in our area. And if you’re not from the Pacific Northwest, please still check out the shops as most have shipping available. #HolidayGiftGuide #ShopLocal #PNW #SmallBusinessSaturday
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are also a great gift choice this year and any year!
There’s also areas with more than one store and open daily;
- Tacoma’s Antique Row located between 7th & 9th on Broadway in Tacoma.
- Freighthouse Square located at 2501 E D St, Tacoma
- South Tacoma Antique Mall located at 8219 S Tacoma Way, Lakewood
- The Waterfront Market at Ruston (formerly the Point Ruston Public Market) located at 5101 Yacht Club Road, Open Daily 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Winter Warm-up Holiday Crafts Fair at Key Peninsula Civic Center
November 13th, 9am-3pm
Kick off the holiday season with a Key Peninsula tradition – the Winter Warm-up Holiday Crafts Fair at the Civic Center. All vendors offer locally hand-made goods.
- Kitsap Handmade Holiday Market in Bremerton
November 13th, 9am-6pm
The Holiday version of the Kitsap Handmade Saturday Market is set! We will have 45 vendors in an indoor setting, including some amazing food and music! Come join us for this first annual event and a chance to win one of several baskets full of goodies to raise money for a great local cause!
- Holiday Market at Orting Manor
November 13th, 10am-5pm
Come shop small for the holidays at this beautiful venue in Orting! We will have 20+ vendors, a food truck and a coffee truck, treats and live music!
- Meeker Holiday Bazaar in Tacoma
November 13th, 10am-4pm
Invite your friends and come view a fabulous selection of gifts, jewelry, crafts, holiday decor, clothing apparel, personal care products, and much more! Created by a multitude of local crafters, artisans, and independent distributors. AND you’ll also be supporting the Meeker Citizens of the World Exchange Booster Club
- Handmade Holiday Market Christmas Bazaar at the Tacoma Mall (near the food court entrance)
Hilltop Indoor Market is having a handmade holiday market series! Where local artist, makers and entrepreneurs are here selling their products for holiday gift shopping. November 13-14, November 27-28, December 11-12, December 18-19 from 10am-8pm
- Crafters Holiday Market in Graham
November 20th, 9am-4pm
The hottest seasonal Holiday Market in Pierce County returns! Experience the rustic setting in Graham while shopping for the ideal holiday gifts. Local artisans will showcase an array of unique Pacific Northwest items.
- Haven Annual Holiday Bazaar in Orting
November 20th, 9am-4pm
Come and shop for great gifts with our local vendors at our 6th Annual Holiday Bazaar. We will also have free children’s crafts and a bake sell all to raise funds for The Haven Teen Center to provide a place for teens to belong and grow.
- Holiday Craft Fair in Port Orchard
November 26-28, 10am-5pm
Gathering of local artists, crafters & local authors at a venue for them to show and sell their work to holiday shoppers at Port Orchard Towne Square Mall.
- Underground Christmas Market in Steilacoom
November 27, 10am-3pm
Join us for Small Business Saturday for an Underground Christmas Market. We will have vendors offering gift giving items, food, drinks, and so much more!
- Handmade Market for Small Business Saturday in Port Orchard
November 27, 9am-4pm
Handmade With Love (located at 740 Bay Street in Port Orchard, WA) will be open on Small Business Saturday, with our instructors showing off and selling their own handmade goods for the holiday season! Join us from 9am to 4pm on Small Business Saturday, November 27th.
- Holiday Market at Kelley Farm in Bonney Lake
November 28, 11am-5pm
Come visit Kelley Farm for a Holiday Market! Find those perfect gifts and support local small vendors this Christmas season.
- Holiday Markets at The Co-Lab
Nov 27, Dec 4, Dec 11, Dec 18, 10am-2pm
Join us each Saturday between Thanksgiving and Christmas to celebrate the season and support our small business families!
The weekend will include all day drop in childcare from 10-8 and fun festivities during the 10-2 pop up markets like letters to and visits from Santa, family photo opportunities, kids arts and crafts, tasty treats and play time on our fully-fenced playground.
Drop-in childcare available on-site all day and into the evening, with festive fun for ages 3+. Register at our website.
- Gig Harbor Eagles Holiday Bazaar
December 4, 9am-4pm
Vendors, Arts, and Crafts with proceeds going to the Auxiliary Scholarship fund to help our High School Graduates move on to college. Find gifts just in time for the holidays!
- Puyallup Santa Parade & Holiday Market
December 4, 12pm-7pm
Come to downtown Puyallup to kick off your holidays! Starting at 12:00pm our Holiday Market opens up inside the Pavilion and runs until 7:00pm. Many of our favorite Farmers’ Market vendors will be on hand with plenty of gift giving ideas. Then at 5:00pm our lighted Santa Parade will wind its way down Meridian. There will be bands, floats, walking units and more. Fun for everyone in your family
- Holiday Bazaar in Roy
December 4-5, 10am-4pm
30 + local vendors, food, Color Street, Pampered Chef, Paparazzi Jewelry, crochet & knitted hats, scaraves, wreaths, unique signs and much more.
- Point Ruston Farmers Market – Winter Markets
December 5th, 12th, & 19th, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Indoors. 5105 Grand Loop, Ruston
- Victoria Country Christmas at the Washington State Fair
December 1-5, 10am-8pm
A Victorian County Christmas (AVCC) is back! Shop for one-of-a-kind items at hundreds of stores in the Marketplace, see outstanding holiday entertainment and taste delicious food at the 33rd annual holiday extravaganza Dec. 1-5 at the Western Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup.
- Holiday Pop Up in Tacoma
December 3, 3pm-7pm
Come out for a little ladies night sip & shop at Kat’s Lash & Spa and Honey Bee Lash Studio! We will have 15 vendors to shop from throughout the studio. $5 entry includes a glass of wine and raffle ticket.
Food & Drink
- Honey’s Healthy Hive Local small batch honey producer located in University Place, near Tacoma. Sells raw honey, HONEYSTICKS(perfect for stocking stuffers), infused honey, elderberry, lip balms, honeycomb, candles and lotion bars!
- Komadre Kombucha taproom located 2914 Sixth Avenue, Suite A, Tacoma. Buy someone a gift certificate, fresh kombucha or even a subscription. This is the best kombucha I’ve tried.
- Only Oatmeal Cookie Creations, now open at the Point Ruston Market. Order some of Tacoma’s favorite cookies for your loved one.
- The Art of Crunch, biscotti’s baked with love. Located at numerous retailers in the South Sound.
- Northwest Spices, We hand craft all natural spice blends for dips? Sauces and seasonings. No salt or sugar added and gluten free.
- Cookie Crumbs, in home baker that specializes in custom sugar cookies. Also makes drop cookies.
- The Brown Pecan, delicious candied pecans would be make a great stocking stuffer or gift. Located at 4 stores in Tacoma or online.
- Tease Chocolates From bean-to-bar craft chocolate to gourmet coverture, we have something for most. Single origin bars, caramels, truffles, toffees & specialty confectionery. Handmade in Stadium Historic Business District! 610 N 1st Street Tacoma, WA 98493
- A Small Specialty, LLC A small batch fresh made salsa and sauce producer passionate for great quality well balanced blends of fine ingredients. Our salsa and sauces are so fresh made all natural with no sugars or artificial flavors! 7804 Pioneer Way Gig Harbor, Washington
- BG’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST BBQ SAUCE I’VE EVER HAD! BG’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce is family owned and operated. Located in the Puget Sound. Check out their holiday gift bag that’s available.
- Mimi’s Tea family operated loose leaf tea shoppe located between University Place and Fircrest! 618 Regents Blvd
- Mystery Wine Box We deliver blind wine tasting to your door! PNW wine, win a game box to pair the wine to the notes. Currently only ships to WA, OR and CA.
- Simple Goodness Sisters is a small sister run business that sells drink syrups, they’re located in Buckley, WA but shipping available.
- Intentions Juice & Smoothie Bar located at 5236 South Tacoma Way, has merchandise & gift cards for sale that would make great stock stuffers or a PNW basket!
- Obscura Arcana, The majority of the TEAS are registered fair-trade and organic. The only exceptions are with those products of single origin wherein the farmers need not undergo the added expense of official registrations to guarantee these practices. Now available at Manifesto Coffee as well.
- Old Town Delights, It’s time to send caramels to someone you care about! When you send our candy, you send sunshine, happiness and the ultimate in yummy to a friend, college student or family member!
- A Rhapsody’s Blooms, Boutique & Cafe’ Latte’, is a full service floral shop with delivery, an espresso dessert cafe’, unique clothing & giftshop.
- Crystal Tea & Cove House, We carry a large variety of different crystals, minerals, carvings, teas, herbs, handmade jewelry, candles and MORE! Everything youll find in the shop is either made in shop by us, or comes directly from others who own their own small business lapidary!
- WanderAndWhimsyPNW Genuine, Sterling silver, hand cut and stamped jewelry that goes with just about everything in your wardrobe…so you can worry more about the next mountain you are going to climb or the next adventure you want to go on, and less about what accessories to put on.
- Transcending Stone Makes healing stone jewelry and malas for meditation. After finding it tough to locate a quality and affordable mala she decided to make them. The process was powerful and rewarding so she wanted to offer them to others. She’s very knowledgeable and is very caring in helping others find the stone they need for spiritual healing. Located in University Place.
- PoppyJewelryDesigns Elegant and minimalist jewelry handmade in Seattle, WA.
- More Then A Dream you will find all sorts items, jewelry, stones and crystals to include various quartz, amethysts, agates, petrified wood, geodes, celestite, ammonites, apatite, tigers eye, fluorite, labradorite, jaspers, tourmaline, selenite and specimens just to name a few.
- Sacred Embers, are created with love & honor by fusing dichroic glass with the ashes of your loved one. Each loss, whether human or pet is extremely important. I cherish the stories & memories you share with me. Hair & sand may also be used.
- Gold Dust Tacoma, Fine jewelry design with YOU in mind! Custom jewelry, modification, repair, appraisal and watch repair and batteries.
Beauty & Fashion
- SkyBox Skincare Bar “All of our products are handmade here in the Pacific Northwest. We are happy to use local products, most gathered by ourselves and our family to provide you with a product that is natural and safe for you and your family. Affordable priced items.”
- Gameday Sports Shop, in Lakewood offers licensed apparel, headwear, and accessories for our local pro sports teams: Seahawks, Kraken, Sounders, Mariners, Sonics and more!
- Petal on the Ave, A highly curated Boutique showcasing hand-crafted and local merchandise. Located on 6th ave in Tacoma.
- Crook & Claw, is a very small business [just one pair of hands] located in the amazing PNW. I offer hand-Stitched Leather Craft Pieces and Copper Electrodeposition Talismans. Each art piece that is created is done so with mindfulness and intention.
- Muse and Mayhem is a affordable vintage and unique retail experience for the home. I strive to offer items that are recycled beautiful and are “a little different”. Located on 6th ave in Tacoma.
- The Bath House Co. is a hand crafted business, specializing in bath and body products created with all natural ingredients. Our products are eco friendly, non toxic and vegan.
- LRS Originals, makes beanies for all ages, headbands, earrings and chakra bracelets.
- Milla And Me Locally handmade bags sold on Etsy. Choose the perfect bag and design.
- Head Hood Head hood was created for those who appreciate where they come from, where they’ve been, and where they call home. Custom and detailed beanie/headwear.
- Herbology Skincare This local Tacoma farm-to-face skincare brand will have you swooning over their luscious botanicals, magical aromatics and powerful herbal blends. Featuring three anti-aging moisturizers that represent different skin types, French Green Clay Facial cleanser, Rose Quartz toners, fragrant & juicy lip balms, and so much more, this healing skincare company covers all the bases. Organic, Local and Eco-friendly, this green, female-owned skincare will revolutionize the way you approach your skincare ritual.
- Soap & Clay is a family owned operation that began on the interwebs in 2015. Today we have 300 unique products on the website and on the shelves at our brick and mortar location! 2712 6th Ave in Tacoma.
- Anlea Essentials Established in 2014, by skin care enthusiast Loyisha Louis with the desire to create skin and hair care products using simple and natural ingredients. Anlea Essentials handcrafted products are made with raw shea, aloe vera, natural salts, essential oils or fragrance oils and moisturizers.
- Second Born Maternity Wear, A fashionable, affordable maternity resale shop featuring gently loved maternity and nursing apparel and more. Gift cards available.
- Goodin Time Design, Mama owned small business, Celebrating mamas and their babies, one shirt at a time. Mommy & me sets and accessories
- Cutty Sark Intimates, A size inclusive lingerie boutique in charming downtown Gig Harbor.
- Mattice Beauty Supply, is a Black owned, Woman owned, and Veteran owned hair and Beauty supply store. We carry wigs, weaving hair, extensions, bundles and many other products for your hair and beauty needs.
Family & Kids
- Stargazer Comics Toys & Games, Stargazer carries comics, action figures, vintage video game systems and game cartridges as well as posters, accessories, dice sets, art, and even more pop culture goodies! Located at 2610 6th Avenue, Tacoma
- Adorned Adobe, fine gifts in Tacoma. Shop online or by appointment.
- The Curious Bear Toy & Book Shop is filled with toys and books to excite and delight your little (or not so little) one. Games, books, puzzles, toys, and more. Located at 2061 Mildred St W Fircrest, Washington
- McCoy Kids is your destination for curated, sustainable, and small-batch gifts for babies and new parents. We aim to make the baby gifting process simple by offering curated gift boxes, free shipping and free local delivery within Tacoma, WA.
- Maple Bar Games We buy, sell & trade Games & Collectibles! Our store has a heavy focus on Video Games of all generations, Pokemon & Magic: The Gathering.
- COMIKS The Gathering New Comic Book and Magic the Gathering Store open in Spanaway, WA. Come check out our collection and find something new for your collection. 15022 Pacific Ave S, Parkland
- Byrt & Gerty’s Kids Redeux, located in the Lincoln Business District. Gently loved and new baby/children clothing, toys & equipment. A very fun & kid friendly store. We offer a variety of clothing styles; functional everyday looks at affordable pricing. We are always adding to our inventory to maintain a fresh selection.
- Create Wonder Explore Allows your children to explore their creativity and use their imaginations with hands on sensory play. Our play dough is handmade with 100% natural ingredients. We have three different box sizes to choose from. Please enjoy! FREE local/porch pickup available in Tacoma, WA Use FIRSTTIME10 code for first time users
- Mighty Bunny Designs and creates costume wings and tails for the whole family. Wire-free and made to last! Located in Tacoma but sells on Etsy.
- Playmakers & Co. Tis’ the Season for Holiday and seasonal boxes. They will slowly start rolling out the first week of November. Keep your eye our for Winter (snowman), Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas. Fun sensory play boxes, located in Steilacoom but available on Etsy.
- Tinkertopia works with local businesses, capturing safe, reusable materials from the wastestream (aka Great Material Continuum), and reimagines these as unusual arts and craft supplies for kids, teachers, makers and tinkerers. Such a fun store! Located 1914 Pacific Ave, Tacoma
- Channing Baby & Co. Curating stylish baby gear and apparel for fashion-forward infants, toddlers, & families. We feature the very best in gear and clothes of any Tacoma baby store. 1704 Pacific Ave, Tacoma
- Craft Theory Lakewood believes that art is an experiment. Every piece we create is different and dynamic in its own way. Now with over 30 local artists and makers and we have classes (and gift certificates for classes!)
- The Collected Home in University Place, is a small cozy gallery featuring vintage and creative home decor, art pieces, and other unique artistic pieces that showcases our wonderful talents of our artists in many beautiful ways.
- The Neighborhood Plant Project, 20% of sales go toward funding delivery of plants & cards to our vulnerable community members
- Paper Luxe is a gift store located in Tacoma, Washington that specializes in helping you celebrate all of life’s events, including gifts, cards, and much more. 2053 Mildred St W, Fircrest
- Willow Tree Gardens Indoor/outdoor nursery with a home store offering plants, shrubs, gardening supplies, gifts & decor. 7216 27th St W, University Place
- It’s All The Buzz, Mason Bee Sales & Pollination Services. Natures own non-aggressive highly efficient pollinator. Orchard Mason Bees are pollinators for early flowering fruit trees and berries.
- The Gullah Witch, Spiritual Tools to Invoke the Limitless You, Providing you with the tools to receive what you deserve from the universe. We provide spiritual tools to help ALL in their
spiritual growth and connect them with their higher self to help them manifest,
heal, and uncork their unlimited potential.
- DearSunshinePaperCo, Planners, Prints, Notepads & Organizational Sunshine
- Hi Voltage Records, Music dealer with a huge selection buying, selling & trading CDs & LPs in a range of genres. T-shirts and gift cards available too.
- StockList Goods & Gifts Fabulous gifts for everyone, souvenirs for folks near and far, beautiful jewelry and fantastic customer service. Shop online or at the shop located in Tacoma. 1936 Pacific Ave. Tacoma, WA
- Sound & Circle, Design your own planner, weekly notepad, address book, calendars and more.
- SPUN Tacoma, offers pottery classes, take home kits and items for sell. Give a gift certificate.
- A Drop In The Ocean A Drop In The Ocean offers multiple products to help reduce the footprint we leave behind us. Find something for anyone on your list, including great stocking stuffers. Order online, or go to her site to see when the next pop up market she’ll be at.
- Jade & Co. Succulent Boutique, LLC Jade & Co. is your local plant shop. Their specialty is succulents, houseplants, custom arrangements, private events, and workshops. Click Events for coming events and workshops. They also have a monthly mystery plant subscription. 6720 Regents Blvd. suite 110 University Place, Washington
- Tacoma Soap Refillery Mission is to serve the Greater Tacoma community and our planet by making reducing single use plastics and using safe natural home and body care products convenient and affordable.
- Ness Creations Pottery Creates handmade pottery including mugs, cups, dishes, bowls, plates, earrings, pitchers, vases, spoon rests, soap dishes, coasters, and magnets. Some of the mugs feature crystals on the handle and/or face of the mug. Few pieces even have 22k Gold on them.
- Downing Pottery Handmade ceramics that celebrate home. Tacoma Locals: please take advantage of free, no-contact pick up from my front porch in the Lincoln District Neighborhood using coupon code “TACOMA”. If you are unable to pick up, you may also use code “DELIVERY” for free delivery in Tacoma, Fircrest and UP.
- Cascade Candle Company is a Washington State based fragrance company owned and operated by wife and mother Dana Broadnax. Our line is meant to make life smell better through candles, room sprays and so much more!
- Calendula Farm & Earthworks We specialize in growing common to exotic edible, medicinal and extraordinarily beautiful perennials, shrubs, and trees. Also, we are general contractors focused on creating outdoor living spaces. Patios, gardens, walls, fences. They are making beautiful wreaths and centerpieces this season, go check them out.
- Creative Blooms & More, I love to take a common item and turn it into something beautiful. This page will be a place to showcase all of the trash to treasures!
- Vulcan Knife, We sell cutlery, pocket knives, fixed blades, axes, hatchets, we sharpen knives and tools- ready for holiday meals!; we also make custom knives and sheaths.
- Happy Moon Candles Colorful scented candles and wax melts handmade in Washington State. Created to bring happiness into your home!
- Defiant Candle Co. creates beautifully scented natural soy candles that are hand-poured into locally salvaged glass bottles.
- Throwing Mud Gallery located 2212 N. 30th Street Tacoma, WA 98403 “We sell all kinds of handmade items like pottery, jewelry and glass, art prints, cards and stickers from over 100 artists. Most of our artists are from the PNW, but we also have artists who live items made by humans in other parts of the country. We also have a paint your own pottery studio for all ages, which a great “experience” gift.” They also have to-go kits available and would make perfect Christmas gifts!
- BonesBits is a Tacoma local that sells on Etsy. Macrame hangers, fabric banners, and other crafty bits
- Farmhouse Clutter Find your handmade home décor, gifts and yard games here!
We are a small family business, making custom signs and gifts since 2015. Order here and pick up locally or have it shipped nationwide.
- The Urban Dandelion in Proctor for locally made products including home decor, jewelry, art, candles, bath and body, and gifts. Also have online shopping with curbside pickup.
- Jennifer Davis Pottery is a well respected and newly thriving Pottery Studio in Tacoma. While we’re dedicated to producing our own art and community art, we’re also devoted to bringing the artist out in our students. Offering classes to adults, teens and children in both group settings and private lessons. Located at 5724 S Ferdinand Tacoma
- Rise and Shine Cabaret Cafe has crystals, candles, sage, whimsical boxes and vegan treats starting next Wednesday. Get ready to hop in the time travel machine because were going back to 1920s prohibition era with this one! Offering a bordello chic, speak easy atmosphere, eclectic and refreshing menu items, and did we mention major VIBES! Located in Parkland.
- The Weathered Cottage in Gig Harbor, specializes in refurbishing antique furniture and décor.
- Boujie in Gig Harbor, boutique along the water front, gifts for anyone on your list
- Jenn B Quilts, a place for modern quilts and homemade goods.
Have you shopped any of the business’ above? Or have a suggestion of another local shop you love? Please leave me a comment or email.