It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Every holiday season, I love to shop local! It’s a wonderful time to support your local small business’ while giving to loved ones.
And this year, I can’t express how important it is to shop small and local!
There are so many great gift ideas that are right in your neighborhood. While supporting your neighbors you can give your family and friends one of a kind items.
Saturday November 28 is Small Business Saturday, so be sure to check all your local shops for Christmas gifts!
If you’re local to the Pacific Northwest more specifically the South Sound, check out all the amazing business’ below for all your holiday needs. There’s some I’m familiar with and some that are new to me but I’m very excited to shop local this year!
SOUTH SOUND SMALL SHOPS & BUSINESSES
Keep in mind this is just a small portion of small businesses in our area. And if you’re not from the Pacific Northwest, please still check out the shops as most have shipping available. #HolidayGiftGuide #ShopLocal #PNW #SmallBusinessSaturday
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are also a great gift choice this year!
There’s also areas with more than one store;
- Tacoma’s Antique Row located between 7th & 9th on Broadway in Tacoma. (Be sure to check out Basking Dragons Art)
- Freighthouse Square located at 2501 E D St, Tacoma
- South Tacoma Antique Mall located at 8219 S Tacoma Way, Lakewood
- Holiday Markets at The Co-Lab November 21st and 28th, December 5th, 12th and 19th, 10:30am-1:30pm
This weekly festivity will feature a handful of local vendors in collaboration with an open house of seasonal activities hosted by The Co-Lab, located at 3808 N 27th St in Tacoma, just a block from the Proctor Farmer’s Market!
Holiday Markets at The Co-Lab will feature fun extras like DIY gifts and crafts, caricature drawings, story times and book signings, letters to Santa and December dates with the big man himself, mini photo sessions, the dancing Unicorn/Dino duo, raffle prizes, a short visit to our play yard and more! You won’t want to miss this magical family-friendly market series.
- The Traveling Happy Market Presents Black Friday/Small Business Saturday at the Auburn Outlet Mall
Come out and shop small for the holidays! Friday November 27th 10 AM – 7 PM and Saturday November 28th 10 AM – 7 PM
Our market is FREE for all ages. Please claim your free tickets to the event for us to keep track of attendees.
- Village 253 Handmade Market + Mingle Virtual Market November 28-December 8
The handmade, online marketplace for the Village 253 Handmade Market + Mingle Virtual Market opens Small Business Saturday (Nov 28)! You can support 20+ small, local businesses all in one place! The shop closes Dec 8 so don’t wait too long to shop!
- Freighthouse Square Holiday Market December 4-6
Our building is a historical open retail marketplace. This holiday season please come join us in our annual Holiday Market and Sale weekend! shop small from all our vendors and help support all the small businesses, creators, and more while shopping for that perfect gift!
- Tacoma Farmers WINTER Market
Point Ruston Nov 29, Dec 6, Dec 13th from 10am-3pm, 5101 Yacht Club Road
Food & Drink
- Honey’s Healthy Hive Local small batch honey producer located in University Place, near Tacoma. Sells raw honey HONEYSTICKS(perfect for stocking stuffers), infused honey, elderberry, lip balms, honeycomb, candles and lotion bars!
- Tease Chocolates From bean-to-bar craft chocolate to gourmet coverture, we have something for most. Single origin bars, caramels, truffles, toffees & specialty confectionery. Handmade in Stadium Historic Business District! 610 N 1st Street Tacoma, WA 98493
- Mari’s Sweet Treats A new small business located in Lakewood that sells delicious and beautiful treats; everything from cakes to cocoa bombs. They’ll have holiday treat boxes available this December as well as these cocoa bombs; 10 different flavors to choose from and pricing $5 a piece or a pack of 6 for $25.
- A Small Specialty, LLC A small batch fresh made salsa and sauce producer passionate for great quality well balanced blends of fine ingredients. Our salsa and sauces are so fresh made all natural with no sugars or artificial flavors! 7804 Pioneer Way Gig Harbor, Washington
- BG’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST BBQ SAUCE I’VE EVER HAD! BG’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce is family owned and operated. Located in the Puget Sound. Check out their holiday gift bag that’s available.
- Mimi’s Tea family operated loose leaf tea shoppe located between University Place and Fircrest! 618 Regents Blvd
- Mystery Wine Box We deliver blind wine tasting to your door! PNW wine, win a game box to pair the wine to the notes. Currently only ships to WA, OR and CA.
- The Pacific Northwest Seafood Cookbook For thousands of years, the abundance of fish and shellfish in the Pacific Northwest created a seafood paradise for the Indigenous peoples hunting and gathering along the region’s pristine waterways, and, later, for the Chinese, Scandinavian, Filipino, and Japanese immigrants (along with many others), who have made this region home. Drawing on these diverse influences, the region fostered a cuisine that is as varied as its people, yet which remains specifically Northwestern.
- Simple Goodness Sisters is a small sister run business that sells drink syrups, they’re located in Buckley, WA but shipping available.
- Intentions Juice & Smoothie Bar located at 5236 South Tacoma Way, has merchandise & gift cards for sale that would make great stock stuffers or a PNW basket!
- Happy Fox Studio Jewelry Minimalist, quirky jewelry made by hand, mostly from reclaimed materials. Made in Tacoma and available at local stores and at quirky boutiques across the country.
- WanderAndWhimsyPNW Genuine, Sterling silver, hand cut and stamped jewelry that goes with just about everything in your wardrobe…so you can worry more about the next mountain you are going to climb or the next adventure you want to go on, and less about what accessories to put on.
- Transcending Stone Makes healing stone jewelry and malas for meditation. After finding it tough to locate a quality and affordable mala she decided to make them. The process was powerful and rewarding so she wanted to offer them to others. She’s very knowledgeable and is very caring in helping others find the stone they need for spiritual healing. Located in University Place.
- PoppyJewelryDesigns Shop-wide sale Nov 22-Dec 23 12AM: Buy 3 items, get 20% off your order! Items bought Dec 22 will be shipped Dec 23, however to ensure your items arrive on time please order as soon as possible!
Beauty & Fashion
- Scents by Sky Box All of our products are handmade here in the Pacific Northwest. We are happy to use local products, most gathered by ourselves and our family to provide you with a product that is natural and safe for you and your family. Affordable priced items.
- Milla And Me Locally handmade bags sold on Etsy. Choose the perfect bag and design.
- Head Hood Head hood was created for those who appreciate where they come from, where they’ve been, and where they call home. Custom and detailed beanie/headwear.
- Restyle Clothing Company Upscale clothing, accessories, & home decor consignment store offering quality brand name items at non-department store prices for women & men. 3019 Suite B 6th Ave Tacoma, Washington
- Herb & Myth Organic Skincare This local Tacoma farm-to-face skincare brand will have you swooning over their luscious botanicals, magical aromatics and powerful herbal blends. Featuring three anti-aging moisturizers that represent different skin types, French Green Clay Facial cleanser, Rose Quartz toners, fragrant & juicy lip balms, and so much more, this healing skincare company covers all the bases. Organic, Local and Eco-friendly, this green, female-owned skincare will revolutionize the way you approach your skincare ritual.
- Soap & Clay is a family owned operation that began on the interwebs in 2015. Today we have 300 unique products on the website and on the shelves at our brick and mortar location! 2712 6th Ave in Tacoma.
- Anlea Essentials Established in 2014, by skin care enthusiast Loyisha Louis with the desire to create skin and hair care products using simple and natural ingredients. Anlea Essentials handcrafted products are made with raw shea, aloe vera, natural salts, essential oils or fragrance oils and moisturizers.
Family & Kids
- Peas & Carrots A kids cooking and craft club designed to get kids excited about eating healthy! We love everything about this subscription box; plants and food! And it’s made right here in Pierce County!
- The Curious Bear Toy & Book Shop is filled with toys and books to excite and delight your little (or not so little) one. Games, books, puzzles, toys, and more. Located at 2061 Mildred St W Fircrest,Washington
- McCoy Kids is your destination for curated, sustainable, and small-batch gifts for babies and new parents. We aim to make the baby gifting process simple by offering curated gift boxes, free shipping and free local delivery within Tacoma, WA.
- Tally Doodle Designed a line of stuffed toys for children (and adults) that are simple in design but hopefully big on fostering imagination.
- Maple Bar Games We buy, sell & trade Games & Collectibles! Our store has a heavy focus on Video Games of all generations, Pokemon & Magic: The Gathering. 6724 19th St W.
- COMIKS The Gathering New Comic Book and Magic the Gathering Store open in Spanaway, WA. Come check out our collection and find something new for your collection. 15022 Pacific Ave S, Parkland
- Create Wonder Explore Allows your children to explore their creativity and use their imaginations with hands on sensory play. Our play dough is handmade with 100% natural ingredients. We have three different box sizes to choose from. Please enjoy! FREE local/porch pickup available in Tacoma, WA Use FIRSTTIME10 code for first time users
- Mighty Bunny Designs and creates costume wings and tails for the whole family. Wire-free and made to last! Located in Tacoma but sells on Etsy.
- Playmakers & Co. Tis’ the Season for Holiday and seasonal boxes. They will slowly start rolling out the first week of November. Keep your eye our for Winter (snowman), Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas. Fun sensory play boxes, located in Steilacoom but available on Etsy.
- Tinkertopia works with local businesses, capturing safe, reusable materials from the wastestream (aka Great Material Continuum), and reimagines these as unusual arts and craft supplies for kids, teachers, makers and tinkerers. Such a fun store! Located 1914 Pacific Ave, Tacoma
- Channing Baby & Co. Curating stylish baby gear and apparel for fashion-forward infants, toddlers, & families. We feature the very best in gear and clothes of any Tacoma baby store. 1704 Pacific Ave, Tacoma
- Paper Luxe is a gift store located in Tacoma, Washington that specializes in helping you celebrate all of life’s events, including gifts, cards, and much more. 2053 Mildred St W, Fircrest
- Willow Tree Gardens Indoor/outdoor nursery with a home store offering plants, shrubs, gardening supplies, gifts & decor. 7216 27th St W, University Place
- Adam Pritchard Photography who is a local photographer in the University Place area. This year he has calendars available to purchase with beautiful photos from the Pacific Northwest.
- StockList Goods & Gifts Fabulous gifts for everyone, souvenirs for folks near and far, beautiful jewelry and fantastic customer service. Shop online or at the shop located in Tacoma. 1936 Pacific Ave. Tacoma, WA
- A Drop In The Ocean A Drop In The Ocean offers multiple products to help reduce the footprint we leave behind us. Find something for anyone on your list, including great stocking stuffers. Order online, or go to her site to see when the next pop up market she’ll be at.
- Jade & Co. Succulent Boutique, LLC Jade & Co. is your local plant shop. Their specialty is succulents, houseplants, custom arrangements, private events, and workshops. Click Events for coming events and workshops. They also have a monthly mystery plant subscription. 6720 Regents Blvd. suite 110 University Place, Washington
- Tacoma Soap Refillery Mission is to serve the Greater Tacoma community and our planet by making reducing single use plastics and using safe natural home and body care products convenient and affordable.
- Ness Creations Pottery Creates handmade pottery including mugs, cups, dishes, bowls, plates, earrings, pitchers, vases, spoon rests, soap dishes, coasters, and magnets. Some of the mugs feature crystals on the handle and/or face of the mug. Few pieces even have 22k Gold on them.
- Downing Pottery Handmade ceramics that celebrate home. Tacoma Locals: please take advantage of free, no-contact pick up from my front porch in the Lincoln District Neighborhood using coupon code “TACOMA”. If you are unable to pick up, you may also use code “DELIVERY” for free delivery in Tacoma, Fircrest and UP.
- Cascade Candle Company is a Washington State based fragrance company owned and operated by wife and mother Dana Broadnax. Our line is meant to make life smell better through candles, room sprays and so much more!
- Craft Theory Lakewood believes that art is an experiment. Every piece we create is different and dynamic in its own way.
- Calendula Farm & Earthworks We specialize in growing common to exotic edible, medicinal and extraordinarily beautiful perennials, shrubs, and trees. Also, we are general contractors focused on creating outdoor living spaces. Patios, gardens, walls, fences. They are making beautiful wreaths and centerpieces this season, go check them out.
- Happy Moon Candles Colorful scented candles and wax melts handmade in Washington State. Created to bring happiness into your home!
- Defiant Candle Co. creates beautifully scented natural soy candles that are hand-poured into locally salvaged glass bottles.
- Throwing Mud Gallery located 2212 N. 30th Street Tacoma, WA 98403 “We sell all kinds of handmade items like pottery, jewelry and glass, art prints, cards and stickers from over 100 artists. Most of our artists are from the PNW, but we also have artists who live items made by humans in other parts of the country. We also have a paint your own pottery studio for all ages, which a great “experience” gift.” They also have to-go kits available and would make perfect Christmas gifts!
- Flora Madre is a florist in Federal Way servicing surrounding areas. Bringing magical- botanical elements into every arrangement. Follow their page for any pop up shows and contact them to order and be sure to check out the subscription plan for Christmas gifts :)
- BonesBits is a Tacoma local that sells on Etsy. Macrame hangers, fabric banners, and other crafty bits
- Farmhouse Clutter Find your handmade home décor, gifts and yard games here!
We are a small family business, making custom signs and gifts since 2015. Order here and pick up locally or have it shipped nationwide.
- The Urban Dandelion in Proctor for locally made products including home decor, jewelry, art, candles, bath and body, and gifts. Also have online shopping with curbside pickup.
- Jennifer Davis Pottery is a well respected and newly thriving Pottery Studio in Tacoma. While we’re dedicated to producing our own art and community art, we’re also devoted to bringing the artist out in our students. Offering classes to adults, teens and children in both group settings and private lessons. Located at 5724 S Ferdinand Tacoma
- Rise and Shine Cabaret Cafe has crystals, candles, sage, whimsical boxes and vegan treats starting next Wednesday. Get ready to hop in the time travel machine because were going back to 1920s prohibition era with this one! Offering a bordello chic, speak easy atmosphere, eclectic and refreshing menu items, and did we mention major VIBES! Located in Parkland.
Have you shopped any of the business’ above? Or have a suggestion of another local shop you love? Please leave me a comment or email.