Doesn’t Sweet Tea scream summer time? It’s one of my favorite drinks to enjoy with lunch, dinner, or just on a hot afternoon in the summer. Southern style sweet tea is my absolute favorite! With Lipton you can easily make your own pitcher of iced tea for your fridge and there are so many variations you can make it. Make it as sweet as you’d like it, use any kind of sweetener you’d like, and different garnishes(mint, lemon, peaches, ect). This is my absolute favorite way to make a pitcher of Sweet Tea.
Keep in mind a box of Lipton Iced Tea Family Size will make you about 12 pitchers(gallons) of sweet tea. Saves you money when you just make your own and you have control on how sweet you want to make it.
Place two tea bags in a heat-proof gallon sized pitcher. Boil 4 cups of water, and then pour over the tea bags into the pitcher.
Brew for 3-5 minutes and then remove the tea bags. I like to squeeze any remaining water left in the tea bags into the pitcher.
Stir in your 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and baking soda until combined. We love using cane sugar as well.
Then stir in 6 cups of ice cubes until melted OR stir in 4 cups of cold water.
Add frozen peaches to pitcher and keep refrigerated. Make a tall glass of Southern Style Sweet Tea, sit back and ENJOY!
Southern Sweet Tea with Peaches
- 2 tea bags Lipton Iced Tea - Family Size Tea Bags
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- Place 2 tea bags in a heat proof pitcher with 4 cups of boiling water.
- Brew for 3-5 minutes and then remove the tea bags.
- Stir in your 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and baking soda until combined.
- Stir in 6 cups ice cubes until melted OR stir in 4 cups of cold water.
- Add frozen peaches to pitcher and keep refrigerated.