I’ve suffered from the occasional acid reflux and stomach pain since I was a kid, it’d be triggered by certain foods, one of which was egg whites. It was manageable and easy to deal with even when I’d have those foods.
The digestive issues seem to get worse and not so easy to just “deal with it”, the older I got. A couple years ago I began experiencing so much stomach and gut pain, there were a few times I debated going to the ER because it’s so intense. I’ve seen the doctor and was told to stay away from the triggering foods to see if that helps and continue taking my supplements.
On top of that the constant bloat, even if I’m not consuming those sensitive foods.
I’ve still got a ways to go with handling my body and digestive health, but not without the help of the things below.
Here are a few things that help me manage;
- limit and try to eliminate those triggering foods(mine are cows milk, egg whites, fried and processed foods).
- digestive enzyme supplement, I take 2-3 a day with a meal and I’ve found it’s a must for me.
- fermented foods, I eat some kind of fermented food a couple times a week, although I should try for daily. If I feel digestive pain coming on, I’ll hurry and eat some kimchi to help.
- probiotics, either a supplement or from foods, the digestive enzyme I take has pro and pre-biotics.
- daily digestive drink, read below
Daily Digestive Drink
Over the past three weeks I’ve been having this drink each evening to help with my digestive system. Let me tell you, it’s made me feel amazing. Within the first two weeks I decided to weigh myself, which isn’t why I choose to try this drink. So, I stepped on the scale and I had lost 5 lbs without even trying. Nothing in my routine and diet changed besides that daily drink.
The biggest thing I noticed was my bloating. Or lack of.
I’m assuming those 5 lbs came from my stomach bloat, because that had shrunk and wasn’t as uncomfortable as it normally was. If you experience bloating, you know how uncomfortable it is!
My body was feeling so much better with just this simple drink I was consuming every night.
*Prepare the mixture each week and leave in a container in the fridge for easy access.
*If you’re not a fan of apple cider vinegar, like me, then add a lot of water. But I am slowly starting to get used to the taste and hopefully you will as well.
*You want to get as close to pure beet juice as you can. I’ve found both Organic RW Knudsen and Lakewood have pure beet juice and lemon juice in the ingredients. So, make sure you check the ingredient list.
*Drink this in the evening, as ACV is best consumed at night.
*Drink at your own risk! I am not a doctor, so if you are on any medications please talk to your doctor before consuming this. I know that if you are on diabetic medications, ACV is known to prevent diabetes, so your blood sugar may get too low drinking ACV & the meds.
Daily Digestive Drink
- 1 Reusable container to store in fridge
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pure organic beet juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 large lemons)
- Once a week, measure out the apple cider vinegar, beet juice and lemon juice. Add to a reusable container and store in the fridge for the week.
- Then each night(or day) pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture into a glass and top the glass with as much water as you'd like.