The holiday season is upon us! With many of us starting our Christmas shopping already, or at least planning what we’re giving others. It’s supposed to be a magical and wonderful time!
Instead of stressing out about what present to buy, consider hand making and/or upcycling something for that special person in your life.
There are so many benefits to upcycling gifts; reduce things from landing in the landfill, you save money, and get to practice your artistic abilities. Or maybe you don’t have any artistic abilities, but you still get to practice them. I don’t know about you but my favorite type of handmade item, is the imperfect ones!
Look in your own home to find things to upcycle, your local thrift shop, flea market, yard sale. Even find items on your local Buy Nothing FB group!
Here are 25 different upcycling gift ideas for you this holiday season! I think I’m going to try making throw pillows and a wind chime this season. What about you?
25 UPCYCLED GIFT IDEAS
Find ornaments, pillows, scarf, jewelry holders and more gift ideas to upcycle items that otherwise may end up in the landfill.
- DIY Kitchen Utensil Holder using wine corks by A Magical Mess (PICTURED ABOVE)
- Easy Rag Wreath Christmas Ornaments by Two Kids and a Coupon
- DIY Leather Bookmarks – Easy Handmade Christmas Gifts by Making Manzanita
- Easy Wine Cork Snowman Ornament DIY by Crayons and Cravings
- Seaglass & Driftwood Chime by Craft Bits
- Earrings Made From Tire Tubes by Craft Bits
- Upcycle Empty Baby Food Jars into Storage Containers by A Magical Mess (PICTURED BELOW)
- Rainbow Dash Easy No Sew Fleece Scarf by The Soccer Mom Blog
- How to Make Marble Coasters With Leftover Tiles by Making Manzanita
- DIY Rustic Jewelry Hanger by The Flying Couponer
- Recycled Junk Wind Chime by Craft Bits
- DIY Bottle Opener by Making Manzanita
- Make Candlestick Holders Out of a Crib by Mod Podge Rocks Blog
- Recycled Felt Hand Warmers by Craft Bits
- GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial by Creative Khadija
- Altered Glass Tile Pendant Necklace- Ink Dyed by Craft Bits (PICTURED ABOVE)
- Mod Podge Photo Transfer: Easy DIY Upcycle Project Tutorial by A Happy Home in Holland
- DIY Tray Makeover: Using Mod Podge & Free Printable Pattern by A Happy Home in Holland
- Decorative Farmhouse Upcycled Bottles by Craft Bits
- Repurposed Utensil Jewelry Tree, A DIY How To by Reuse Grow Enjoy
- Glitter Upcycled Puzzle Piece Earrings by Reuse Grow Enjoy
- Upcyled Plastic Bag Flower Earrings by Reuse Grow Enjoy
- Upcycled Skirt to Zipper Pouch by Organized 31
- How to Sew a Headband with T-Shirt Scraps by Happiest Camper
- Easy Homemade Earring Holder from an Old Cheese Grater! by Turning Clock Back
- Upcycled Skirt Throw Pillow by Organized 31
- DIY Rice Heat Packs by Organized 31
- DIY Cake Plate Stand by Organized 31
- Recycled China Junk Angels by Craft Bits
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog. And thank you to so many amazing bloggers for submitting your projects for this post.
HELPFUL UPCYCLING TOOLS:
- Good paintbrushes are a great thing to have
- Hot glue gun is essential to upcycling
- Tool Kit with measuring tape, hammer, screw driver and so much more.
- Mod Podge