It’s the holiday season, which means it’s the baking season. Cookies, cakes and pies, oh my!
One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is bake and eat all the goodies, I’ve got a big sweet tooth. I love baking cookies for our traditional cookie exchange with my kids, I love baking special holiday bars and cakes.
I love to bake and cook from scratch, but there are sometimes where I’m just not feeling it and want to cut some corners. Or maybe that store bought cake isn’t in your budget for that special occasion. That’s where a box of cake mix comes in. Cheap, easy and no culinary skills required.
The best part, you don’t have to follow the directions on the box of the cake mix. There are so many other recipes that use cake mix as the main ingredient. And anyone eating the dessert will have no idea! Who knew there were so many different recipes?
50 HOLIDAY RECIPES THAT USE CAKE MIX
Find so many different tasting recipes; peppermint, pumpkin, ginger, chocolate, apple and more.
- Cinnamon Chip Biscotti by The Monday Box
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Kippi At Home
- Rum Cake by What A Girl Eats
- Peppermint Bark Cake by Love From The Oven
- Apple Cider Doughnut Cake by Oh My Kids Plate
- Layered Maple Cheesecake by All That Jas
- 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread With Cake Mix by Everyday Family Cooking
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookies by A Table Full of Joy
- Christmas Cake Popsicles by Aubrey’s Kitchen
- Mickey and Minnie Christmas Cake Balls by Ottawa Mommy Club
- 7 Layer Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars by Midwestern Home Life
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon Drizzle by Midwestern Home Life
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake Roll with Lemon Cream Filling by Midwestern Home Life
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake by Finding Zest
- Easy Yule Log Recipe Using Cake Mix by Mighty Mrs. (PICTURED BELOW)
- Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake by Upstate Rambling
- Peppermint Chocolate Cake Truffles by Butter Your Biscuit
- Tri-Colored Christmas Bundt Cake by Drugstore Divas
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies by The Forked Spoon
- Eggnog Bundt Cake by Caked By Katie
- Easy Christmas Cake Mix Cookies by Two Kids and A Coupon
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake by Kippi At Home
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake by Caked By Katie
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Streusel Muffins by Sweet and Savory Food
- Christmas Dunkaroo Dip by One Sharp Mama
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Grinch Cookie Recipe by Cake Mix Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake by This Delicious House (PICTURED BELOW)
- Red Velvet Cake Dip by The Denver Housewife
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies by Cake Mix Recipes
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake by Mom Foodie
- Coconut Cake by Homemade Interest
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler by The Lazy Slow Cooker
- Easy Ricotta Cake by Crayons & Cravings
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies by Dancing Through The Rain
- Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies by The Typical Mom
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Jello Pudding Poke Cake by Moore or Less Cooking
- Christmas Poke Cake by Moore or Less Cooking (PICTURED BELOW)
- Nana’s Better Than Sex Pineapple Cake by Spice & Sugar Mama
- Reese’s Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting by Spice & Sugar Mama
- Moist Christmas Cake Balls by Alekas Get Together
- 4 Ingredient Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies by In the Kids Kitchen
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies by The Soccer Mom Blog
- Crockpot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake by Recipes From a Pantry
- Cake Mix Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls by The Soccer Mom Blog
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake by Tasty Galaxy
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake by I Knead To Eat
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cake by Fantabulosity
- Caramel Cake Recipe by The Country Chic Cottage
- Holiday Peppermint Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes (PICTURED BELOW)
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog. And thank you to so many amazing bloggers for submitting your recipes for this post.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES:
- Over 50 Christmas Cookies
- Over 50 Slow Cooker & Instant Pot Recipes Perfect for the Fall & Winter
- Pumpkin Choctaw Fault Cake
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Baking Sheets are usually pretty important when making cookies, unless you’re making no bake type cookies.
- Measuring Cups & Spoons, these are the ones I have and they’re great – cheap, functional, easy to clean and good quality.
- Mixer – A KitchenAid mixer is a must in my kitchen, it’s very convenient and easy. But if you don’t have the space, budget or ability then a hand mixer works just as great!
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowls – I absolutely love these mixing bowls.
Have your eye on any of the recipes above?
Pin it to your Pinterest board for later!