When you think of Halloween, for most, the first thing that comes to mind is dressing up. Picking the best costume for yourself is key to the holiday. Maybe you decide weeks in advance or maybe it’s last minute; will you be something scary, a character from a movie, from a fairly tale?
There are so many options for Halloween costumes, sure you could visit Spirit Halloween but you’re just paying 90% more then what you should be. There are so many options for cheap costumes that look like you spent the money.
Check out all the different ideas below from some amazing bloggers. Even if you don’t find what you’re looking for below, hopefully it’ll give you some inspiration.
HELPFUL DIY TOOLS:
- A sewing kit would be very useful
- Hot glue gun would be great too
- Fabric glue
- Sewing scissors
- Fabric paint
HERE’S OVER 25 DIFFERENT DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS
Pick your whole costume out at the thrift store, like my whole Mary Poppins costume courtesy of Goodwill. There are also some great do-it-yourself costumes like a faun costume, Stranger Things costumes, Thor costume and so many more.
- DIY Mary Poppins Costume (Pictured Above) by Love, Tabitha
- Baby Shark Song Costume by Shrimp Salad Circus
- DIY Unicorn Costumes by Small Stuff Counts
- DIY Stranger Things Couples Costumes by Shrimp Salad Circus
- DIY Thor Costume by The Things We’ll Make
- Yoda Paper Mache Head by This Ole Mom
- Easy DIY Unicorn Costume by Kim and Carrie
- DIY Scarecrow Costume by Where the Smiles Have Been
- Homemade Captain America Costume by The Things We’ll Make
- How to Make Bat Wings for Costumes by My Poppet
- DIY Kristoff Costume by Sweet Makes Three
- How to Create a Rainbow Brite Costume by Bath Tub Rings & Artsy Things
- DIY Sheriff Callie Costume by Felt With Love Designs
- Halloween Bride – Costume a Kid can Make by Red Ted Art
- How to Make a DIY Super Fire Mario Inspired Costume for $7 by Full of Fortunes
- No Cost DIY Halloween Costumes for Moms by DIY With My Guy
- How to make a DIY Twinkie Costume for your Baby by Full of Fortunes
- Kakamora Costume DIY Moana Costume by Sweet Makes Three
- Where the Wild Things Are – Paper Bag Mask Craft by Red Ted Art
- How to Make an Adult Tutu by Diana Rambles
- How to make a DIY Unicorn Costume & Headband for $7 by Full of Fortunes
- DIY Princess Poppy Troll Inspired Costume by Full of Fortunes
- DIY Peter Pan’s Shadow Costume by Tikkido
- Last Minute Halloween Costume – Paper Skeleton by Red Ted Art
- Easy No Sew Bat Costume by Tikkido
- Mr. Tumnus Costume(Faun Costume) by Tikkido
- How to Make a Stacking Toy Baby Costume by Shrimp Salad Circus
- Halloween Costume Kids Can Make – Mummies by Red Ted Art
- DIY Sophie the Giraffe Baby Costume by Shrimp Salad Circus
- DIY Neon Light Cactus Costume by Shrimp Salad Circus
- How to Make an Easy Witch Costume by Red Ted Art
- Silent Film Star Halloween Costumes by Shrimp Salad Circus
- Frankenstein Mask by Red Ted Art
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for supporting this blog. And thank you to so many amazing bloggers for submitting your projects for this post.
Want to try any of these DIY clothes this year? Pin it to your Pinterest board!
Tabitha, you’re so sweet! Thank you so much for featuring my Twinkie, Super Fire Mario, & Poppy Inspired costumes! 😃❤️
So many great ideas!
I love making homemade costumes. Not only are they more original, but I think they look so much cuter, especially on kids!
Now the only problem is- what to make this year… ;)
Yes, exactly! Hope you come up with something good :)