Thanksgiving is coming!! We have been using this turkey recipe for the past couple years and it is absolutely my favorite & I’m not the only one, I have a couple friends who are always asking me for the recipe! Its the only way we will cook the turkey 🙂 I love how easy and simple it is.
A little (gross) fact; when I first started preparing the turkey years ago I hated reaching into the turkey cavity and pulling the insides out but now I absolutely love it…gross huh?! 😉
Turkey (we use around 17-18 lbs)
1 stick Butter
1 Turkey Size Cooking Bag
- Prep the turkey. Prep the turkey cooking bag, the bag speeds up the cooking process so your bird will be done sooner so plan accordingly.
- Salt and pepper the turkey all over the top and in the cavity.
- Drizzle 2 Tbs of melted butter over the turkey and cut up the rest of the butter and place under the skin of the turkey. Just make a small slit in the skin and shove the butter in, throughout the top.
- In the cavity, add onion(cut in half), lemon(cut in half), fresh rosemary, garlic(cut in half, no need to peel the skins off), orange cut in half).
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary on top of turkey and in the bag for cooking.
- Cook according to directions, ours takes less than 3 hours until done.