Slow Cooker Baked Beans
This sweet and savory baked beans are easily made in the slow cooker and takes you less than 5 minutes of prep time.
- 3 oz bag of bacon bits
- 54 oz can pork and beans or 4 (15.5oz each) cans
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
Dice up onion and pepper, put your beans and bacon bits in the slow cooker.
In a large pan heat olive oil over medium high, then add diced onion and pepper. Saute for about 3-4 minutes or until softened.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients into the pan with the onion and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Remove from heat and add to the slow cooker. Stir to combine everything. Close lid and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours. Serve warm.