It's loaded with flavor, the kids will love that it's not spicy, doesn't take any skill to cook it and even clean up is easy. If you're not a fan of the typical flavor of enchiladas, no worries these are more of a creamy cheesy flavor.
- 2 lbs cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/4 cup green peppers
- 2 - 10.5 oz cans cream of chicken
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 - 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 5-6 burrito size tortillas
- Boil chicken in a large pan of water, for about 30-35 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Drain the water and set chicken aside to cool.
- After chicken has cooled and you're ready to shred. In a large bowl shred the chicken with two forks or just with your fingers. On a cutting board finely chop your onions, green peppers, shred cheese and set aside. Preheat your oven to 375°
- Pour ingredients in the large bowl; green peppers, onions, green chiles, chicken soup, sour cream and mix well. I like to mix in the shredded cheddar cheese after all the other ingredients are mixed.
- After your mixture is ready, it's time to get your tortillas ready. Fill each tortillas with about 3/4 cup of the mix, roll and place in your 13x9in pan. Continue with 5-6 more to complete the first layer.
- When your stuffed tortillas are complete, scoop the remaining mixture on top, cover evenly.
- Place uncovered in a preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, the top will be lightly brown. Remove from oven.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, before serving! Enjoy!!