Loaded Steak Enchiladas
These steak enchiladas are loaded with flavor and very easy to make.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb steak
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 2 small sweet mini peppers (red, yellow, orange) chopped
- 1 medium size green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large size tomato chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 15 oz can of black beans drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 10 oz can of green chili enchilada sauce
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- cilantro, cheese, sour cream optional
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat and brown your steak, turning once after 3-4 minutes.
Remove your steak, set aside and carefully cut into strips. In same skillet, heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat and add your onion, peppers, garlic, tomato and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the spices, black beans and steak into the skillet with the vegetables and saute for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a casserole dish, scoop the steak mixture into the tortilla shells, roll and place into dish. Once you have the dish filled, pour the can of enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve immediately and top with cilantro, cheese and/or sour cream if you wish.