Walking with Dinosaurs the arena spectacular is playing right now at the Tacoma Dome. And I have just three words for you; GO SEE IT! You do not want to miss it. It was an amazing performance, we weren’t disappointed. They did such a great job with the making of the show, including the amazing job on the dinosaurs, they were so real looking I almost forgot they are extinct 😉 My niece constantly asked if me if it was real. You couldn’t take your eyes of the stage the entire time, the narrator was wonderful.
The show had suspense, comedy even some adult humor(but still PG:); the audience was laughing, jumping and cheering for the dinosaurs to run (okay, maybe that was just Mason lol), Mason almost shed a tear at one point, we had to remind him they weren’t real, my poor sensitive child.
One of my favorite things about the show it was very educational, I am a very visual learned and I will say it was very informative about dinosaurs facts and the three time periods. Adults, Teens and Children (pretty much of all ages) would love this show and it is worth the cost especially if you have a dinosaur loving member in your family. This would make a great Christmas gift, and I have included the discount codes down below, also some tips.
Here is a few tips to make your show more enjoyable(especially with children);
- Feed your children something healthy and filling before the show, and naps if needed. But that’s kinda common knowledge 😉
- Make everyone go to the bathroom before you go find your seats, because once the show starts you won’t want to get up and it can be very dark for walking.
- The show was a little less than 2 hours, with a 20 minute intermission so if you think your child isn’t old enough to sit through that then they are probably too young to go. But that’s your call.
- We took a 3.5 year old who LOVES dinosaurs and was on the edge of her seat smiling the whole show, loved it. And a 6.5 year old who has never had a fascination with dinosaurs but again loved the show!
- Biggest Tip:: If you have an overly sensitive child to loud noises, bring headphones or be prepared to plug their ears because it got loud more than a few times. And if your child is sensitive to strobe lights, maybe the higher sections would be better for you? (we were in section 2A if that helps)
- If you have young ones, explain to them before hand the dinosaurs aren’t real, you wouldn’t want them screaming crying once the dinosaurs come on stage.
- And parking wasn’t overly priced either!
- Have fun! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did 🙂
The only thing I would change about the whole experience would be choosing a different show time, 7:00pm on a school night probably wasn’t the best choice 🙂 But the kids did wonderful up until 5 minutes before the show ended, they were overly tired and over stimulated. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions, I’d be happy to help!
NOW PLAYING AT THE TACOMA DOME – until December 21, 2014!
Use these discount codes at checkout;
$5 off Price Level 2: $44.50 (reg. $49.50)
$3 off Price Level 3: $26.50 (reg. $29.50)
Offer Code: KIDFUN
Valid on all shows except Sat 11am/3pm & Sun 1pm
Disclaimer: I was not compensated, however I did receive tickets for my family to see Walking with Dinosaurs. All opinions expressed here are my own.