Have you been to the Rhein Haus in Seattle or Tacoma? We have yet to visit either location but it’s on our list of places to eventually eat at, we’ve heard great things about the restaurant. The Seattle location is hosting a family friendly Oscars Viewing Party on the 4th and the Tacoma location is hosting a German Bier Dinner on the 7th. Both events sound like so much fun and I’m a little sad the Tacoma location isn’t hosting an Oscar party because it is closer to us and Sundays are our family day!!
Rhein Haus Seattle is hosting their Third Annual Academy Awards viewing party on March 4 at 4 p.m. It will be an evening of all things Hollywood and glamour with a red carpet arrival (complete with paparazzi), a live ice sculpture of an Oscar, chocolate Oscars from the kitchen, and a ballot contest for whoever can predict the most winners. Guests are encouraged to “dress to impress” as there will also be contests for “Best Dressed” guy, girl and child! Yes this free event is all ages and will have a special viewing area for the little ones in the dining room and guests are encouraged to RSVP on the Facebook page.
Rhein Haus Seattle Oscar Viewing Party – March 4, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- Live ice sculpture of an Academy Award by
- Red carpet entrance with full step and repeat (for your paparazzi entrance)
- Chocolate Oscars from the kitchen
- Complimentary popcorn
- Specialty “Hollywood inspired” cocktails
- The first 50 guests will be given free swag bags that include complimentary Oscar ballots. Oscar ballots must be turned in by 5:30 p.m., at the beginning of the live broadcast, to be entered to win the Grand Prize.
- Rebecca duRivage-Jacobs and Jason Cotnoir will act as MCs for the evening – offering color commentary, running games, and announcing winners. Guests are encouraged to “dress to impress” – there will be prizes for the best Oscar worthy outfits.
- Cost: Free
- Full details and RSVP
Rhein Haus Tacoma is hosting their first-ever German Bier Dinner on March 7 at 6 p.m. A four-course dinner pairing German Biers with a creative menu from head chef Kelly Wilson designed to show the variety of cuisines you can pair with German bier! German bier importer Mike Baker will be on hand to discuss the pairings. A limited number of tickets are available for $50 per person. Each guest will also receive a commemorative bier glass.
Rhein Haus Tacoma German Bier Dinner – March 7, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Premium German Beers
- Four-course menu presented by Chef Kelly Wilson, featuring Octopu-pusas with chorizo verde stuffed pupusa with grilled octopus escabeche and jalapeño oil, Goat cheese gnocchi with toasted almond oil, arugula, granny smith apple and crispy barley, Jerk rubbed brisket with plantain maduros, pineapple, jicama and red onion relish and Sticky toffee pudding with rum raisin ice cream and candied ginger (menu is subject to slight changes)
- Each guest will also receive a commemorative bier glass
- Full menu, pairings and reservations
- Cost: $50