Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Whether you’re a new or seasoned mom, self-care is very important. Not only for yourself but for your family as well. A mom who takes care of herself is a happy and good mom. Going to the spa and shopping isn’t always feasible when your a parent. Not to mention it might be expenses you just don’t have. Being a stay at home mom of two including a baby, finding time for myself is sometimes very difficult. Plus I really dislike spending money on unnecessary things, when I can easily do spa time at home for at least half the price and work around naps. I’m sharing all my self-care tips that won’t break the bank and you won’t even need to leave the house.
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure. Going to the spa for either of these is extremely nice but they are unnecessary cost and it’s not the best location for a child/baby to hang out at. Buy all your own equipment, get a good nail grooming kit, visit your local dollar store and pick up pumice stones, foot scrubs and soaks, and a bucket(to soak your feet and/or hands). Another tip; it truly does make a difference when you spend a little more money on nail polish.
- Apply a facial mask to your face for 10-15 minutes it’s a quick way to rejuvenate your skin. Literally just take 2 minutes to apply it and then after you’re done rinse off. Just do during nap/bedtime if you don’t want to scare your kid.
- Make a delicious cup of coffee and a light breakfast, enjoy before everyone wakes up. And if the weather’s nice enjoy outside, breath in some fresh air.
- Make a hair mask, there’s so ingredients in your kitchen that make excellent hair masks. My favorite is to cover my hair with coconut oil and leave on over night.
- Leave a pitcher of water with cucumbers, mint and lemons in the fridge and drink it throughout the day. It taste so good and your body will feel hydrated.
- Turn on some upbeat music and shake your booty. And don’t let it stop you if you’ve got no rhythm(like me), just do it while no one’s watching.
- Take 10 minutes to yourself, and I do understand that is much easier said than done when you have children. Once a day really try taking 10 minutes to yourself, do whatever just make it for yourself.
- Yoga/Meditation/Stretches in the morning or before bed take 10-15 minutes, breath and relax. Children love to join too.
- Lather up your skin with a body butter or lotion, you will feel amazing when your skin is hydrated and you’ll smell great too.
- Unplug once a week, put up your phone and take the day off from the electronic. It will give you time to clear your mind and recharge.
Most these things you can do with your children and families, if you aren’t able to do by yourself. Care for yourself each day. It’ll start boosting your mood, and make you feel good. And when Mom feels good, it sets the tone for the rest of the family.