If you would of asked me to write this post about 10 years ago, I probably would of said no. I didn’t necessarily hate my curls because that’s a strong word but I definitely didn’t like having naturally curly hair. A hair straightener was my best friend! It took years to truly appreciate my natural hair. A lot of experimenting with hair cuts, styles, and products. Now I walk around with confidence. 95% of the time I don’t want to spend anymore than 5 minutes doing my hair and thankfully with having curly hair that’s all I need, comb, put a curl enhancing/frizz control product, let air dry and bam I am done! And it looks like I’ve either spent tons of money at the salon or spent an hour or two perfecting the curls.
If your having trouble accepting your curls or you have a child with curly hair, here are three tips that took me years. Believe me once you accept your curls and have confidence you’ll have a radiant glow around you, not just your looks but your personality!
– when choosing a hair cut, I can’t say this enough choose one that is fit for curly hair(and your face shape), don’t just figure “oh I’ll just straighten it everyday” because chances are there will be plenty of times where you don’t have enough time to straighten it or you are just lazy and you leave it curly and it just doesn’t have any volume and looks funny! fyi layers are great for natural curl
– find a product that you love and your hair loves, definitely add a frizz control to your daily regiment
– if you can go at least 1 day without washing your hair with shampoo, this will help control the frizz a little bit
Long story short; learn to #LoveYourCurls!
If you’re anything like me you love Dove and I was so excited to learn that Dove has a hair line specifically for curly hair! NEW Dove Hair Quench Absolute products provides 4X more defined, natural curls. It was great to get the chance to try out the new Dove Hair line and of course I loved all the products! It leaves your hair feeling nourished, helps tame the frizz 🙂 , doesn’t weight it down, not to mention smells like you just left the salon! Feel good about what your putting in your hair.
- Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Shampoo
Gently cleanses curly hair, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
Nourishing formula leaves hair strengthened from the core
- Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Conditioner
Absorbs effortlessly into the hair
Increases manageability of curls for a smooth finish
Naturally curly hair is revived and strengthened from the core
- Dove Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask
A rich, creamy formula
Envelopes each curl to deliver intense nourishment for ultimate smoothness and hydration
- Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum
Dove’s first curl leave-in nourishing treatment
A fast absorbing, lightweight and creamy serum
Contains high levels of glycerine to penetrate and nourish hair
Can be used on wet or dry hair
Download the e-book from Dove, Love Your Curls. It’s a beautifully written poetic tribute to curly hair. Did you know? Only 4 in 10 little girls with curly hair think their hair is beautiful. Only 10% of women in the U.S. with curly hair feel proud of their hair. Let’s change that!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.