Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, however all opinions expressed here are my own.
One of my favorite Halloween traditions is to watch as many Halloween flicks as I can. Not horror Halloween films, but more like family friendly Halloween films. Just a little spook! I love most of the below titles and I’m guessing at least one of the titles below is your families favorite! I would love to know which one? Leave me a comment! Hocus Pocus is mine, which I talk about frequently.
You’ll find that most of the titles below you can find for less than $10. What a deal!
- HOCUS POCUS –After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem, Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teenagers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to their reign of terror once and for all. All time family favorite for Halloween! If you already don’t own it in your families library, you can get the DVD for as low as $4.99
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn’t quite understand the concept.
- Ernest Scared Stupid – Ernest unleashes an ugly troll that plots to transform children into wooden dolls in the town of Briarville, Missouri. purchase it as low as $2.99
- Casper – A paranormal expert and his daughter bunk in an abandoned house populated by three mischievous ghosts and one friendly one.
- Halloween Town & Halloweentown 2 – After learning she is a witch, a girl (Kimberly J. Brown) helps save a town full of other supernatural creatures. Two movies for $7.99
- Corpse Bride – Tim Burton!
- Spooky Buddies – The puppies go on a spooky adventure through a haunted mansion.
- Monster House – Three teens discover that their neighbor’s house is really a living, breathing, scary monster.
- Double Double Toil & Trouble – Determined twins try to trick an evil aunt (Cloris Leachman) out of a magic moonstone and save their family home.
- Hotel Transylvania – Dracula, who operates a high-end resort away from the human world, goes into overprotective mode when a boy discovers the resort and falls for the count’s teen-aged daughter.
- Hotel Transylvania 2 – Dracula and his friends try to bring out the monster in his half human, half vampire grandson in order to keep Mavis from leaving the hotel.
- The Addams Family & Addams Family Values – Con artists plan to fleece an eccentric family using an accomplice who claims to be their long-lost uncle.
- BeetleJuice – A couple of recently deceased ghosts contract the services of a “bio-exorcist” in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their house.
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- Ghostbusters (2016)
- Little Vampire – A lonely boy becomes best friends with a vampire.
- The Witches – A young boy stumbles onto a witch convention and must stop them, even after he has been turned into a mouse.
- It’s the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown – The Peanuts gang celebrates Halloween while Linus waits for the Great Pumpkin.
- The Haunted Mansion- A realtor and his wife and children are summoned to a mansion, which they soon discover is haunted, and while they attempt to escape, he learns an important lesson about the family he has neglected.
- Harry Potter – Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Series on sale!
- Coraline – An adventurous girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.
- Scared Shrekless – Shrek gets in the Halloween spirit by challenging his fairytale friends to come up with scary stories for a contest. But the gang learn that they’ll have to spend the night in Lord Farquaad’s haunted castle before the winner is named.
- Frankenweenie – Young Victor conducts a science experiment to bring his beloved dog Sparky back to life, only to face unintended, sometimes monstrous, consequences.
- ParaNorman – A misunderstood boy takes on ghosts, zombies and grown-ups to save his town from a centuries-old curse.
- Labyrinth – A 16-year old girl is given 13 hours to solve a labyrinth and rescue her baby brother when her wish for him to be taken away is granted by the Goblin King.
- Monsters Inc – In order to power the city, monsters have to scare children so that they scream. However, the children are toxic to the monsters, and after a child gets through, two monsters realize things may not be what they think.
- Monsters University – A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at Monsters University — when they weren’t necessarily the best of friends.
- Boxtrolls – A young orphaned boy raised by underground cave-dwelling trash collectors tries to save his friends from an evil exterminator.
Any of these you haven’t seen yet?